What happen to Daff Punk?

pffft egopanic, what are you some kind of electronic music hipster? can your record collection beat up my record collection?

also waht kind of mentality is "cant criticize unless we can do better". thats some kind of low brow, ignorance is bliss, ****.

furthermore youre bordering on being a fanboy where no one can get it through your head that there are some possible flaws with the music they make.

their last album was disposable. discovery was just irritating. Homework was fun and accesable.

Dont get me wrong, i love electronic dance music, i like dancing to it, but **** man, maybe it should strive to be something more than either mindless repetition?

A review of Human After all...

"You'd never guess from Human After All that these are the same guys who came up with the opulent dance grooves of 2001's Discovery. On Human After All it sounds like Daft Punk's robotic alter egos have finally gotten the upper hand and made an album that is defiantly free of emotion and personality. Instead, Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo amp up the irony and deliver a set of songs that are maddeningly repetitive, raucous and bound to test the most devoted fan's patience. But even as the French duo short-circuits it manages to captivate--the spoken-word "Technologic" and the digitized "The Prime Of Your Life" are just bananas enough to make its euphoric hit "One More Time" sound positively last century."

Last edited:
MRT1212 said:
pffft egopanic, what are you some kind of electronic music hipster? can your record collection beat up my record collection?

also waht kind of mentality is "cant criticize unless we can do better". thats some kind of low brow, ignorance is bliss, ****.

furthermore youre bordering on being a fanboy where no one can get it through your head that there are some possible flaws with the music they make.

their last album was disposable. discovery was just irritating. Homework was fun and accesable.

Dont get me wrong, i love electronic dance music, i like dancing to it, but **** man, maybe it should strive to be something more than either mindless repetition?

Nothing to do with being a hipster. Maybe I take some comments almost personally for some reason if we talk about Daft Punk, I know that, sorry. They` re had and still have a big influence in what I do.

And what goes for the albums: I was saying that it`s understandable when you think the last (third) album is repetitive and not worth listening after 5 times. I mean, has this ever been done before (in a negative sense) that songs are made of 4, 5, 6 minutes loops? Even I had my problems with that. But it`s just ignorant when you say the same thing about Discovery or Homework. If you (I`m now not referring to you personally) don`t like them because of the music itself that`s fine. But don`t just say their music is repetitive and that`s because you don`t like them. Electronic music is 99% of the cases repetitive, so you could write this in almost every album or track review...

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Homework was an amazing album. After 'Around The World' hit, I was a Daft Punk fan. Discovery was just pure crack! 'Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger' was like my soundtrack for that entire year. That's when I really got into the French house scene. They were just coming with some funky grooves that deep house heads were even digging. Haven't heard they're new ****, but ppl I talked to didn't care for it too much. I don't think Daft Punk gets enough credit for they're contributitions to the house scene. Everyone always talks about Basement Jaxx....who are extremely overated, IMO

maybe it should strive to be something more than either mindless repetition?

No.

At least not daft punk, they were born out of being repetitive, and they should stay that way. I like Human After All, and I'm not afraid to say it. It's a good album, it's not their best, but it's better than 90% of the electronic music out there. I think all these so-called "Daft Punk fans" don't really know what Daft Punk is. Listen to some of Thomas Bangalter's other stuff, I don't see how anyone could like "Outrage" or "So Much Love To Give" or "Valerie" and not like Human After All.

Bangalter does some different stuff, this was the really TECH side. Sometimes he does more disco stuff, sometimes it's more funk stuff. But don't act like Daft Punk just threw this album together just because it doesn't fit your musicial taste. I like it, and I'm glad he devoted an album to techier stuff as "Paris By Night" is one of my single favorite tracks of all time.

Back