House Music / Whats poppin where YOU are?

S

Stickee

So who is feeling House Music now? Anyone? I cant be the only one, the records sell out too fast! ha ha. Seriously though, theres so much good soulful bouncin house... its seems that only the DJ's are feeling it. Maybe thats the next "thing". Anyhow, if people keep asking for DJ Jean or Till I Come Im going to lose it.

I should say that Im on the West Coast, Los Angeles to be exact. I dunno whats banging other places.. cept Memphis.. he he he, they always banging tha same iSH in Memphis. The Dirty South lol.

Hookitup! Whats banging where yall are?

------------------
One Love, Stickee

that's good music yarkii, i don't know much about house music though :)

Attachments

• bh3 final.jpg
    bh3 final.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Down here in South Texas, some of the DJs mainly spin stuff from ATB, Lock 'n Load, Brooklyn Bounce, Eiffel 65, DJ Jean, SM Traxx, Sal Dano, Basement Jaxx, Chemical Brothers, Groove Armada, Razor 'n Guido, JS-16, Armand Van Helden, DJ Jurgen, Signum, Sequential One, etc....They play a lot of good stuff.

Hey Stickee, I agree with you on the 9PM Till I Come and The Launch. A lot of the DJs down here play the Sneaker Pimps' Spin Spin Sugar remix by Armand Van Helden. It's a good track, but gets overplayed a lot. My friends got to see him and MixMaster Mike in Houston....they said it was awesome. Anyway, there is a lot of good house music out there. By the way, I was wondering if you have Orbital's mix to It's A Fine Day. ATB's mix is okay, but Orbital's techno mix is just the best. I have yet to find it on vinyl.

Well, that's just my 2 cents worth. Let me know what's up.

DJ 1/2Off
Infamous Animal Skratcherz

No kidding...that tells you what kind of knowledge a lot of these DJs down here have. Eiffel's remix to Bloodhound Gang's "The Bad Touch" was the only thing closest to being decent.

.... Eiffel 65? I am not sure if these guys should be next to those other artists..
:)

[This message has been edited by musik (edited 05-21-2000).]

Not to be Geographically biased but I've always thought that the coasts (East/West, Left/Right) set the trends and that they sorta trickled elsewhere.

I would like to spin in Texas, Memphis, or any other place besides LA. Just to see the reaction. People get jaded here real fast. That new song doesnt get the crowd as hype as it used to... and its still barely two weeks old. If I play DJ Jean now I dont even play the damn horn part... I drop some tite drum n bass at the section... just to fug w/ peeps.

Ha ha... I read somewhere recently that DJ's and "turntables are replacing guitars in bedrooms across the world"... Tite. I cant wait to buy my daughter some techniques.

Spinning is definately the new "perfomance art". I guess I should come up with a DJ name now :)

------------------
One Love, Stickee

hi i'm a DJ from London, UK and i play what you'd call electonic music, which over here is house, trance, speed garage etc. etc.

i'd just like to say that over the sound just keeps getting bigger and bigger and i would say it's the largest sound in the country, second to pop.

we've had the DJ Jean stuff and ATB and that is now considered pop. I tend to play, as do other DJ's the 'Gatecrasher' sound, check out their site at www.gatecrasher.co.uk.

hard tracks all the time, stuff from Paul Oakenfold, Blank & Jones, PauL Van Dyk, BT, Arriva etc. etc. there are hundreds of artists we all continue to plug over here.

i thought i'd leave my mark so if you ever get the chance to visit London, do so and visit our clubs, its a whole new dimension!

deejayC
Digital Corruption www.digitalcorruption.com

House Music

I don't know why everybody seems to think DJ Launch, ATB and the likes are house music artists. Real house music is produced by guys like Glenn Underground, Joshua, Derrick Carter, DJ Sneak, DJ Pierre, Harri, 20/20 Vision, Larry Levan, Gene Farris, must I go on. These are the guys who have made dance music what it is, and are still producing the goods.

halfoff said:
Down here in South Texas, some of the DJs mainly spin stuff from ATB, Lock 'n Load, Brooklyn Bounce, Eiffel 65, DJ Jean, SM Traxx, Sal Dano, Basement Jaxx, Chemical Brothers, Groove Armada, Razor 'n Guido, JS-16, Armand Van Helden, DJ Jurgen, Signum, Sequential One, etc....They play a lot of good stuff.

Where are Sequental One from? They Kick Ass, totally cool cheesy trance. I'd think they'd have to be german.

Sincerely Dj Chriss
http://www.mp3.com/ChrissT

[Edited by Dj Chriss on 09-20-2000 at 12:36 PM]

Hehe Some of the tunes they play around here make Eiffel65 sound like deep house :(

-DigitalDreams- said:
Hehe Some of the tunes they play around here make Eiffel65 sound like deep house :(

He, same here. The places in my town sucks. Some of the Dj's HAVE to play 1,5 hour of 80's dance hits. I can't stand it. We have ONE cool place, and compared to some of the nearby towns, it sucks.
But you could never make em play Eiffel65. You can only push a Dj so far...

Sincerely Dj Chriss

HEY!
My newest track "Energy" has just been launched on mp3.com guys! It took them only an hour!

Check it out at my mp3.com-site and reply here, since thats where you guys are, at lest DigitalDreams and ManoOne.

I'm going to request a review.

Sincerely Dj Chriss

If you've been there before, be sure to refresh!

Hehe I feel special :D

I totally loved it, and yeah I think it's a lot better than creep. Hope it goes well with the demos :)

Yes I prefered it over Creep a lot.
No time to do a review today though. Hope soon.

I think we are getting a little bit off topic here ;) be careful hehe

>> reminder "House Music / Whats poppin where YOU are?"

Attachments

• 983838_547605418610962_1336212645_n - Copy.jpg
    983838_547605418610962_1336212645_n - Copy.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 11
Wicked House Music!!!!

House music!
Whats kicking in my house? Good question. Anything by Roy Davis Jr, this man is the ****! DJ Q, Toko records anything by DJ Sneak. The list could go on. Dark, deep, funky and tribal are the kind of tunes I'm into. Any of you cats dig it?

Back