Gabber

V

verbal

What exactly is gabber? Where can I hear some tracks?

Verbal

gabber is hardcore hyper fast techno, so basically it's a 180 -220 bpm BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. The scenes wordwide have a large audience of nazis. although the producers mostly deny any relation to those ****heads I have the assumption that many of them are rightwing losers too...

I hate this kind of music, it's stupid, uninspired and well, ****ty...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's basically that sh*t on those "Thunderdome" compilations. Bad 4/4 techno at 10000 BPM.

Hey Mindblunt, why's it called gabber? I've always wondered about that.

Anywhere I could go to hear some gabber? Any specific artists that Groovetech or Satellite would have on their site?

Verbal

Most likely not. It's a genre that is near extinct (or at least should be). I bet some old-skool rave sites might have something but none that I can think of.

I remember a few good songs though :)

ilsa Gold - 3 blond nons
search and destroy - iron man

Of course RUFFNECK Collection vol.1

those were good ones :) but gabber is horrible most of the time... I dont think its a nazi scene though. I remember the stickers "United Gabbers - against racism" all over the records from MOKUM, ID&T and others

this was back in 1994 or so :)

I was never into the gabber thing, but I remember liking a lot of hardcore and early jungle stuff - an onslaught of smattering drums in a furious tempo. I even got the first issue of "Original Nuttah" - now that was a wicked tune!

hey, guys,
i guess you've never listened to the real hardcore/gabber traxx.
after all it's only the music, and it's you who decide how to take it.
for those of you who never listened to hardcore/gabba i can drop a link.

www.chat.ru/~noiserdance

there're a lot of zipped hardcore mp3 trax.

see ya mother fukkazzzzzzzz:)

Last edited by a moderator:
gabber is definitely related with neo-nazis.

The word 'gabber' is dutch and means something like 'mate', or 'dude', and refers to the nazi-nazis themselves, called 'gabbers'.

Stay out of that sick, pathetic scene.

hey, man
gabber started out in holland and england, end after that got to germany.
speaking of german hardcore, then they produce more terror, speedcore and noisecore, and **** like this, very vast and very noisy (250 bpm and up).

but what i'd like to say is that it doesn't mean that if you listen to the hardcore/gabba then you have something with nazzism, and vice versa. these guys are first of all nazzists, and then they just like the gabba music, and that's all. the same way they could listen to some pop music ****s and then people would have said: "Oh, look these guys listen to pop music, they are nazzists".

i guess it's a bull**** to say someone not to listen to some kind of music just because some nazzists in germany listen to the same stuff.
it's like when you listen to some pop star and somebody tells you not to listen to it just because some bad mother ****ers listen to it somewhere in the prison.

see ya MFzzzzzzzzz:)

too fast!

I find this music a bit mindless, personally.

I think 4-to-the-floor music needs to keep under 150bpm, otherwise it tends to lose the funk. Preferably nearer 130bpm. Just my opinion :)

At least it's better than happy hardcore.
Whenever I hear that crap, I always think of a bunch of methed out candy kids marching through lollypop land.
It just doesn't make sense.
On a slightly different note, back when that whole cult waco texas thing was going on, the fbi blasted annoying sounds into the compound to try and make the people go nuts and come out. Maybe if they had some happy hardcore or gabber to play it would have worked and they wouldn't have had to set the place on fire.

anyways the point is, it's bad, really bad

you people are f***ing retards.

first of all, any relationship hardcore/gabber has with racist skinheads is tenuous at best. lots of white power skins listen to oi too, but the genre is not, as a whole, oriented towards this low-minded crap.

secondly, your assertions that the music is "boring" or "uninspired" to me means that you're not lietening to the right stuff. theres all types of music out there within a partuicular genre.
for the jungle heads, check out the deathchant and rebelscum labels, and planet mu has been releasing some stuff in that vein of late as well. for the hard house people, some of the "newstyle" tracks are probably up your alley, and a good sight harder than anything labeled "hard house" - dj promo, anything on pcp records, and marc acardipane are good examples of this, as are many of the Thunderdome compilations. super cheesy tho.

more names id like to drop:
sunjammer, knifehandchop(funny stuff, not straight ahead hardcore), enticer, doormouse, atomly. much of that stuff ranges from the full on brutal speedcore to more intelligent, almost danceable stuff.

thirdly, you all are a bunch of pantywaist mommas boys who dont know diddly s*it about music. suck a d*ck.

Listen to gabbermusic

New-1.JPG

Links

Last edited:
fecolalia said:
thirdly, you all are a bunch of pantywaist mommas boys who dont know diddly s*it about music. suck a d*ck.

Yes, I know. I'm completely illiterate musically because I don't find anything listenable in gabber. Now if you excuse me, I will have to go and find a man's reproductive organ to feast on to the soothing sounds of Lee Perry and John Coltrane.

You find John Coltrane soothing? Now that is strange. Even Blue Trane I find makes me very twitchy. And I've got an album of him and Charlie Mingus that makes me have to pace around the room and take breaks (not sampling, just get away from the music for a minute).

"Blue Trane" is kind of busy, but check out "Soul Trane", "My Favourite Things" and "A Love Supreme". Those three are very soothing and so musical and beautiful they stun me every time.

Fuqk you just ...

... did it again. "A love supreme" is on my list of classic albums to get.

Is it OK to want to buy music more than food?

Back