Drum n bass

Y

yarkii

I see that there is a lot of trancers here =) So would anybody talk about their favorite dnb artist about labels and dubplates! =)

I haven't got many DnB records...2 artists I like :
• Adam F
• Grooverider

:)

I like to dance DnB. It's a better way to get close to a lovely young lady than raving. Much better, more smooth.

But I'd never actually buy a DnB CD myself.
Problem: I almost can't tell the difference of each song.

Oh yeah. By the way.
I've heard one so incredibly cool DnB track:
Endorphine by Aqualite Vs Xylon

I'm listening to it all the time.

Comes from the CD
Night Before the Launch by Aqualite Vs. Xylon.
SoOO COOL!

heh

Hey Chriss check out Konflict - The Mummy <==== this song is sooo cccoooolll!!!! aaahhhhh i'm mmaaaad!!!!!

Any one heard of Squarepusher? he writes some mad DnB amongst other stuff.

Moving shadow :) they done some classics.....

Hey guys...someone can tell me what's the difference between Jungle and DnB ?

Jungle is ALOT more hardcore and the drums are filled with trippin' snaredrums.
The bass also is much more noticable.

Nook same thing different name :D I just hate that, anyway jungle comes from the old day of uk breakbeat, so think reinforced records, maybe some R&S stuff V recordings, i trying to think of some good producers, anyway let me get some samples on my computer and I'll send u them, d&b comes from the stuff LTJ Bukem plays but now its all the same, breakbeats and b-lines.

ade said:
Nook same thing different name :D I just hate that, (...) but now its all the same, breakbeats and b-lines.

That's what I was thinking, I find that ridiculous this need of giving a new name each time you use a different sound or a new FX on a bass, etc,...it's just like a marketing stuff, trying to make a music a new hype..."Hey man, listen to that, it's the new sound of the moment, it's called blablabla".
It really becomes stupid, look at the sub-genres of electronic music, soon you'll need a big database to store all these names genres.

mmhhh.. well I remember when drumnbass wasn't around.. Most of the jungle records I listenned to on my trips to England were containing distorted snares and basses, a jamaican/carribean MC screaming on the top, lots of reverb/echo. I asked "that's ragga jungle right? not straight jungle" the guy told me "well, most jungle is like this"

Then... then a few years later, went back to england, I was at a friend, and he had all kind of CDs and records... I asked "what's drumnbass?" (it was all new at the time). He played a few records... and it was VERY different. It was clam, clean, no distorsion, almost "ellitist, only if you are driving a ferrari" kind of music...

NOW.. I think dnb has evolved and changed, harder, crazier.. But I understand why they picked a new name, coz at the time, dnb was very different from jungle... and now you rarely see jungle around unelss the label was known for this stuff years ago when jungle was *the word*.

I don't say hey guys I am right tatatatata, but I just wanted to share my own experience and understanding of all this.

;)

I understand what you're saying mano...well ok it makes maybe things more easy to give new genres...but I still think it really becomes stupid to see the amount of sub-genres in electronic music...one day, one guy will make DnB at 300 bpm and how will he call it (or journalist..hehe)...or another guy playing jungle with a bagpipe...Celtic Jungle ?

Ok...I must admit that what I'm actually saying is a little bit stupid...off topic...but I'm gonna click the submit reply button even though ! :D

favorite artists

Moving Fusion is good. and Id have to say people I like right now are Panacea, sometimes he does experimental stuff. Ummmm DJ Scud he does hard breakbeat stuff but sometimes does stuff with Panacea that is more junglish. I think bad company comes out with good stuff consistently, anything from Ram Recordings is basically worth listening to in my opinion. Tech Itch is good sometimes.

Speaking of Bad Company and Moving Fusion I would like to ask a question. I am looking for a vinyl. It is from february of 2000 it is called
Bad Company - 4 Days (Moving Fusion Remix)
If anyone knows where I could get this or has it I would pay dearly for it. thanks

neil

Re: favorite artists

anything from Ram Recordings is basically worth listening to in my opinion.[/B]

Without dout one of the best lables on the shelf, from the early dayz with Andy c's bass logic ep to tunes like 31 seconds (valley of the shadows) timeless :).
I also like roni size, dj krust, kraken, pressure rise, zinc, hype, plus loads more!
With regards to the sub-genre thing it is stupid to make up a new name just because a stlye of music changes a bit, all music needs to evolve and explore, but then again i guess we all need to describe the music we love, so i'm off to listen to some progressive hardcore jungle drum&bass.

peace :}
madbreaks

Back