Dark Experimental Music

I used to be a hip hop fan once but my view on music changed since the day I started listening to Bram stadhouders. They are working on a new project and I got great hope from it. Any one loving true experimental music must read about there upcoming project and hear some of samples. Here is the link if any one is interested in listening to true experimental music - Henosis

I used to be a hip hop fan once but my view on music changed since the day I started listening to Bram stadhouders. They are working on a new project and I got great hope from it. Any one loving true experimental music must read about there upcoming project and hear some of samples. Here is the link if any one is interested in listening to true experimental music - Henosis

Cheers - will check it out :)

Some awesome dark experimental artists I've found recently:

- Access To Arasaka (sounds like a robot have created the music - cold and strict, IDM) Access To Arasaka - Ixion - YouTube
- Scuba (chill and "down-on-earth", Future Garage) Scuba - Latch - Triangulation - YouTube
- Swarms (more epic and dreamy, Future Garage) Swarms - Roulette [HD] - YouTube
- Tipper (trippy and glitchy and experimental, Glitch-Hop) Tipper - Puzzle Dust (2012) - YouTube

Not as dark but still great imo:
- Tycho (smooth and dreamy, Downtempo) Tycho - A Walk - YouTube
- The Flashbulb (chill and smooth, IDM) The Flashbulb - Undiscovered Colors (Official Video) - YouTube
- Jon Hopkins (simply experimental, IDM/Microhouse) Jon Hopkins - Collider - YouTube

Pretty cool one from the new album

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

I dont know if youve heard any UK Grime, dont know if its supposed to be EDM or Hip Hop or what, but its dark and experimental lul

This is the first time I am on a forum so please forgive me if I do it not the right way. I listen allready 25 years of all kinds of dark music and I am still curious to find new stuff. Here a bit of my darkness. Check out the old cold meat industry stuff. Sephiroth of Raison d'etre for example. Lacrimosa's song 'der letzte Hilfeschrei' is one of the best songs ever made and still gives me shivers. Real darkness you Will Find in Abruptum (de profundis mors vas cousumet). No music, pure evil. And to get really depressive check out Some funeral doom bands. The most bizarre artist of the universum is Sopor Aeternus. Put off the lights and burn Some candles and listen to The Goat. Darkness Will be the most beautifull place to be.

Greetings

0 is an extreme experimental, extreme minimal project with black,doom,drone elements. The only instrument used in this project is a four string bass. The act has just released its second album.

You can listen the whole album at the youtube channel of the project. You can find it by typing "0 the experiment" in the youtube searcher and by the same way you can find it on facebook where everything is posted about the act.

I wouldn't call dj shadow "experimental" the common term I believe is Trip hop or Hip Hop in shadow and rjd2s case.

Going with the theme though

Bjork
tricky
portishead
rjd2
flying lotus
burial
the prodigy
James Blake
FKA Twiggs
Aphex Twin
The Weeknd
sneaker pimps
fatboy slim
the chemical brothers
Daft punk (Early stuff before discovery +Human after all)
Rob Dougan

Warp Records circa 1995-1999 is a good place to start. Check out "Classics", which compiles the label's earlier bleepy techno, then check out the Artificial Intelligence series, then pick a random selection of Squarepusher, Autechre, and... was Venetian Snares on Warp?

I have an old book called Sampler: Contemporary Music Graphics, that was published in 1999 and is basically a fantastic who's who of all that was trendy back when I was young. I'm going to flip open a random page...

... and it's Ken Ishii, Echo Exit on the left and Add N to (X) on the right with Little Black Rocks in the Sun. I'd forgotten all about Add N to (X). They did Metal Fingers in my Body. Perhaps it's because that was my golden age, but I'm of the opinion that electronic music reached a peak in the late 1990s and hasn't topped it since; hip-hop mostly displaced the talent and the big names grew old. Flip another page...

... and it's Oval, Dok, which I had never heard of. Youtube reveals that it's glitchcore field recordings from 1998. Flipping another page I get GusGus, Polydistortion. It's a great book, £5 from the Notting Hill used books exchange.

Can I mention myself? haha... Gonna release my first album (dark ambient with industrial bits, influenced by Nine Inch Nails and Akira Yamaoka) in a couple of days, through this small netlabel called Radio Stalingrad.

Back