Dark Experimental Music

Portishead are pretty dark, their recent stuff's more experimental but might be better to start with their first album to get into them.

Seeing Aphex twin brought up here reminded me of a guy I met who had seen him live. he said aphex played a backstreet boys tune mixed with drill whenever the room got too full :p

Try Monolake "Ghosts" and Venetian Snares "Doll Doll Doll"/"Find Candace" (ok those ones are more insane than dark but if you are searching for something a little bit extreme he is the man...)

T Power's pretty dark and experimental. I love The Self-Evident Truth of an Intuitive Mind - Pure quality.

Check out Nine Inch Nails if you like Aphex and Burial, Trent Reznor delves into dark experimental electronica every now and then.

I am Amon Tobins fan as well as The Future Sound Of London... the second one I love and have listened a lot. Dead Cities and Lifeforms albums... very imaginative music

Definitely anything from Surfing on Sine Waves. Stunt Rock's 'Girls don't like me' Is pretty ****ing weird also. Greg Hates Car Culture.

Back