Boards of Canada fans??

BassKitten

Just wondering if there were any boc fans on this website..... I happen to love them. After initially being creeped out by their sound, I now cannot get enough of them. This is the first song of theirs I heard:

Enjoy.

Not my favourites, but yeah they've made some amazing songs.
I'm more of an Aphex Twin/AFX-fan when it comes to electronica/ambient-techno/early IDM.

Oh yeah. Big BOC fan here. Telephasic Workshop, Roygbiv, Alpha and Omega... some of my fave tracks.

Just got into Tycho, too. You might dig him and his latest album, if you haven't already.

Oh yeah. Big BOC fan here. Telephasic Workshop, Roygbiv, Alpha and Omega... some of my fave tracks.

Just got into Tycho, too. You might dig him and his latest album, if you haven't already.

Oh yes. let's not forget Music Is Math, 1969, Davyan Cowboy, Mukinabaht, Rue The Whirl, Aquarius.... the list goes on <3
Fun fact: Boards' song "Beware The Friendly Stranger" was used as the theme music for the viral video series "Salad Fingers" Warning: watch at your own risk. This series is creepy as hell!!!

Their song "Gyroscope" was used as the credits music in the horror film "Sinster"

and of course if you head over to their wiki page, many other people have used their songs in various media productions, these are just the ones that I discovered for myself. (and checked the wiki page to be sure haha :') )

And yes, I have listen to Tycho and I respect his music but it's not really to my tastes. As goes with Com Truise. Haven't really listened to enough Aphex Twin to make a fair judgement.
I do happen to love XXYYXX and Underworld is pretty good as well. Check them out if you havent already! And if you're into really creepy-jungle-y type stuff, I'd reccomend the album "Lifeforms" by The Future Sound of London. Again, I respect their work but not really my thing.

:D

Lifeforms is a masterpiece! I pretty much grew up with FSOL's album Accelerator.
Underworld are great!
Tycho has a very nice sound and vibe, but sometimes it can get slightly repetitive imo if you listen through a whole album. Also it can get too much when he does that heavy slow vibrato on everything. But otherwise he is very talented!
Anyone who is into Jon Hopkins?

Lifeforms is a masterpiece! I pretty much grew up with FSOL's album Accelerator.
Underworld are great!
Tycho has a very nice sound and vibe, but sometimes it can get slightly repetitive imo if you listen through a whole album. Also it can get too much when he does that heavy slow vibrato on everything. But otherwise he is very talented!
Anyone who is into Jon Hopkins?

Whoop for weird music :D FSOL are one of those producers which I wanna get into.... but I just can't. This unfortunately happens to me all the time. But yeah, totally agreed.

I love Boards of Canada, the first song I ever heard by them was Dayvan Cowboy and at the time I was listening to stuff like Porcupine Tree and guitar based stuff, so they put a really fresh spin on stuff for me, I loved the blue of the video too of that guy jumping into the ocean, they have such a unique sound and that's a rare gift these days.

Last edited:
boards of canada is nice, i used to listen to geogaddi and music has the right to children all the time when i was in a dust smoking phase. i'll still bump them but not as much.

I was very into CBL many years ago, but I still listen to them every now and then. The track World Of Sleepers still gives me the chills :)

Back