aphex twin 85-92 ambient works

C

captdoobij

just went shopping yesterday and found some small hole in the wall store that had exactly what i was looking for. in philly ambient stuff is hard to come across and yet this store was overflowing with the stuff.
best of all i was able to get aphex twin - selected ambient works 85-92 for 9$ (USD) and it was even sealed still
:victory:

Yep,i understand is a bit hard to find this stuff in U.S. have a try with tower records on line.not too expensive and they have a lot of import ****!(i normally get japanese stuff when i can't travel to buy them :D )

Respect!

MATT

That's a great CD, I'm surprised that it's that hard to find, you can get that in about half the record stores in Melb., it's pretty weird walking into a store with Celine Dion playing and finding Aphex Twin though.

Is he still producing? I heard he quit, but I saw him play live last year, under his real name, but he was playing alot of his Aphex stuff.

yep he is still alive!!!just djing around london for the moment.looking forward to listen to some of his ****!!:D

MATT

Yeah that's where I saw him, it was at a place called The End(I think).

Yep it was at THE END!arrgghhh!too cool.He is the man with an eternal micro-dots flowing in his body!!!!!

:D

MATT

Yeah, that was one of the wierdest musical experiences I've ever had, one of the best, too. The End isn't a bad club either.

I'm sure you guys know by now that there'll be a new Afx album near the end of the year, entitled Drukqs. Apparently it'll be a double album of 28 tracks!

Chris.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea i used to have the Aphex Twin classics album and the Abient Works you speak of. I also had the 'COME TO DADDY' video! THAT WAS SO COOL! Freaky tho. Then some bastard borrowed it and i never got it back. Forgot who tho. :( major bummer.

I have WINDOWLICKER too - the CD has the video on it too! I love that video.

my favourite track of theirs is "outside violin solo" (i think thats the name- pretty sure of it) i wish i could find it on vinyl around here. i guess i'll just have to look online eventually.

saw aphex twin on my first day of work in a club in dublin - he had some guy early on in the night spinning churning techno in a banana costume...

best first day of work ever!

captdoobij said:
my favourite track of theirs is "outside violin solo" (i think thats the name- pretty sure of it) i wish i could find it on vinyl around here. i guess i'll just have to look online eventually.

I think that track's a hoax, and has nothing to do with Afx whatsoever.:(

Chris.

Doh!!!1 :p oh well the song still does kick ***. i like classical type stuff so i guess thats why. i just found it on napster and i guess i never really bothered finding out more about it. thanks for the input though.

eikon said:
saw aphex twin on my first day of work in a club in dublin - he had some guy early on in the night spinning churning techno in a banana costume...

best first day of work ever!

The man in the Banana costume was none other than Cris Jeffs, AKA Cylob.

There is a video of that album made with slow animated motion. MTV shows it at least once per year.

It's like a lot of garbage or something, moving on a beach scene, some broken dolls, an old wheel.

that song is pretty damn cool.

Druqks has been out for ages. About a year now, it's pretty good, worth the $25 australian I paid for it.

Back