Dave kelly VS Tony kelly

dave definitly. Not to hate on tony kelly (he's a good producer), but dave is the best in general my opinion in the last 10 years or so. Look at his riddem resume: stink, arab attack, pepperseed, bogle, showtime, bruckout, bounce, ... all big classics

while tony only has a few classic riddems like the bookshelf and the buy out.

I think it is all (excuse the pun) relative....

TK has been doing more major label crossover work with artists from all types of genres and at the moment spends less time on his own label, K-licious. But when he buss' a new riddim it usually hits pretty hard.

DK doesn't do as much crossover work, but appears more focused on his label and roster (Cham, Spice, etc). Even his riddim projects are very infrequent - which is a good thing - because every new project generates some hype and he doesn't saturate the market like most.

So as a dancehall producer....DK has the edge...but as a producer.... period...TK has been more successful in getting his productions on the majors....the credits don't lie....

- KB

wich is true, is that TK makes more rnb'ish dancehall (wich is mostly rather good), and for that he's more appreciated in the US market. DK makes to much hardcore stuff for the US market. His riddems are to ruff and unpolished, and the tunes of his artist are to aggressive and non political correct for the US market. But from dancehallperspective, he's the absolute top, and TK is just a good producer like their are many in jamaica and abroad.

spydakb said:
I think it is all (excuse the pun) relative....

TK has been doing more major label crossover work with artists from all types of genres and at the moment spends less time on his own label, K-licious. But when he buss' a new riddim it usually hits pretty hard.

DK doesn't do as much crossover work, but appears more focused on his label and roster (Cham, Spice, etc). Even his riddim projects are very infrequent - which is a good thing - because every new project generates some hype and he doesn't saturate the market like most.

So as a dancehall producer....DK has the edge...but as a producer.... period...TK has been more successful in getting his productions on the majors....the credits don't lie....

- KB

Well said.

Depends.. Music Quality Or Total Sales???

You Know... If We Go Rank Dem.. We A Say Who Sell Mo...?? But De Other Man could a a Mek Betta Music... So E Da Subjective My Brudda..

" listen de music n find de gyal... das all we wan.. "

Last edited:
Back