Music Producer for Sample Library Content

ROQSTAR ENT.

ROQSTAR Entertainment is a fast growing audio sample marketplace. With over 500'000 samples available today, we're also releasing our own audio products. This is a great opportunity to show your name as music producer to hundred thousands of people through our massive distribution network.

Roqstar Entertainment is looking for music producers to work on samples/loops in the urban, hiphop, pop and house genres for upcoming releases.

Who we need?
Skilled music producers which can create synth melodies, drum tracks and/or complete instrumental beats. You are able to provide hi-quality audio and the midi files of your music. You create your own sounds instead of using presets and use plugins but also outboard gear.

Note: You can NOT use any samples/loops from old records, sample libraries to create your music.

What you get?
- you get paid a royalties share of each copy sold on the ROQSTAR marketplace or any of our worldwide 3rd party distributers (over 15 distributers)

- publicity and exposure of you as a music producer of Roqstar Entertainment loops/samples on product covers, product details, videos, facebook, twitter, youtube, soundcloud and more.

- you will be credited in all product details and promo materials

- exclusive contract

- the opportunity to work with an oustanding & up and coming sound design company

I'm interested!

Send us three demo music beats (MP3, 192kb/s or more!) and a short description about you. You can include links to your website, myspace or facebook profile.

Please make sure that you...

...do not include any remixes with commercial acapellas.
...do not include samples/loops/vocals from any bought sample & loops packs.
...submit your music in MP3 Format, 192kb/s or more

Send your music to:
roqstarentertainment [at] gmail dot com

Last edited:
This seems like a solid offer for services rendered. My only question is, will producers be compensated up front for time spent creating synth melodies, drum tracks and/or complete instrumental beats? I meet the qualifications you're looking for; however, I make my living by charging for the time required for such projects. Royalties are great and everything, but I prefer payment up front. Is that part of the deal?

I run into that alot JC...alot of ppl want to be paid upfront...but I try to show them if my partnership and/or general business deal is solid
look for the long-term revenue stream and not the upfont advance

but that's the risk if they company goes bust and doesn't follow through then you lose time which is money

but I plan on following through with my commitments because I'm Up & Coming as well and upfront payouts are not always available at a grassroots level

but that's where financial backing it needed if you got alot of services/products you need and 80% of the providers require upfront fees

alot of sound designers already has stuff in the making by what another guy on here told me..but that's all he does is sound design

but if you're doing other kinds of projects as well, time wears thin

keep grinding JC as I know you will

Last edited:
JC.......roqstar is a solid company. As far as I know they don't pay you for your time. I actually don't know any company that pays you for your time to create a beat or loop or soundkit, but there may be some out there. I think it is because a sound kit could take an hour to make or it could take days to make, so that could be why most don't do it that way. This was a hard concept for me to agree with too. I mean I run my own studio which is based on billable time. But it is the nature of the beat business. They do offer a 50/50 split for your digital downloads which is pretty common. The other good think is your contract with them is month to month, so if you don't like something you can always jump out at the end of the month term. I would check out their TOS and see if it something that might work for you.

I just thought I would jump in here since roqstar doesn't look like he comes on here much.

great info himbeats I will for sure checking out this company when I get my publishing/songwriter/production company

I was just about to brainstorm on companies to build relationships with
I know pumpaudio as well
I plan on writing a blog on sites and companies that you can send your instrumentals/songs/drumkits etc...for tv,film placements and sample CD/DVD's

great info himbeats I will for sure checking out this company when I get my publishing/songwriter/production company

I was just about to brainstorm on companies to build relationships with
I know pumpaudio as well
I plan on writing a blog on sites and companies that you can send your instrumentals/songs/drumkits etc...for tv,film placements and sample CD/DVD's

That is an awesome idea fataltone! I think an article about different sites that you can make money with your music is a great idea. I think too many producers do not diversify and only focus on selling beats when there are soooo many ways to make money with your music talents.

Hey, this is off topic but who did you get to host your new site? I am looking for a host company for a site I am working on. I got some good suggests from JC, bandcoach and a few others, but I was just wondering how you like them and if you would recommend them?

I work under hostbaby.com Musician Websites | Author Websites | Build Music Website | HostBaby but is expensive but worth it for me as I get 5 free CDbaby submisson per year
and it's good to for a un-seasoned webmaster and it has tools as well for media/ent. companies and artists
but for a seasoned-webmaster as you you have choices

I need something that's easy for me to edit and also has the deep editing power of HTML if needed
but you can check out their features

Yeah I saw you mention hostbaby before, I just didn't know if you decided to use them or not. I have never really looked into them but I will check them out.....thanks man.

@himbeats (couldnt quote) but your right w/ many producers dont know that there are other realms to the music realm. There is music everywhere! Whether in major games w/ rockstar or smaller games like Angry Birds for iPod/iPad. Commercials and film of course. Jingles (Which Im dwelling into myself). 30sec snippet could equal a couple grand almost vs a 3min beat could equal a couple hundred. Intro music to youtube ads. its endless..#Trilltrax

@himbeats (couldnt quote) but your right w/ many producers dont know that there are other realms to the music realm. There is music everywhere! Whether in major games w/ rockstar or smaller games like Angry Birds for iPod/iPad. Commercials and film of course. Jingles (Which Im dwelling into myself). 30sec snippet could equal a couple grand almost vs a 3min beat could equal a couple hundred. Intro music to youtube ads. its endless..#Trilltrax

hey I see you mentioned jiggles..I would love to afford commerical for local artists
as well as getting into making jiggles
can you give me some insight in how you got into jiggles
did you just cold call advertising companies
thanks a bunch trill in advance

I need to have my revenue outlets setup for so when I pitch to songwriters/producers to join my publishing company they can see the value in becoming sign to my company

@Fataltone "jiggles" lol Im just beginning to scratch the surface. Theres a post on here I posted a couple weeks back about jingles. Bandcoach assited as awell as soem others. But from my reading it was easier to approach new companies being built and offering your services to write a jingle for them to help spread the name of their brand. Bandcoach was telling me about the diff times and that mostly they are around 30sec.

Once I can get a plan down and some material (created primarily for jingles and short intros) ill go visit new buildings in my city and offer my services. IMO I think the manager wont have an idea of what to really do, and will have to speak to someone regional or even corporate! If that happens and they like my material then......Good days ahead.lol

You are right there is music everywhere, but most producers only focus on beats and maybe soundkits. Jiggles are a good area to focus on which it looks like you are already doing. It is a little tough to enter, but once you are in "you are in." I think bandcoach does jiggles so he would be a good person to take advice from. Also check out sound effects too if you have decent mics to do it. Things like footsteps, kids playing, screams, etc. can make you some decent money. I spend about a day in the field recording, then bring them back to the studio for clean-up and then sell them. Now you might not get rich from doing this, but you can make some real decent side money. The first month I did it I only make 50 bucks. But I only sold one beat that month for 25 dollars, so really I made more money from fx sounds then I did making a beat and it was way easier. Once you get enough sounds you can easily make 200 to 1,000 a month doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
JC.......roqstar is a solid company. As far as I know they don't pay you for your time. I actually don't know any company that pays you for your time to create a beat or loop or soundkit, but there may be some out there. I think it is because a sound kit could take an hour to make or it could take days to make, so that could be why most don't do it that way. This was a hard concept for me to agree with too. I mean I run my own studio which is based on billable time. But it is the nature of the beat business. They do offer a 50/50 split for your digital downloads which is pretty common. The other good think is your contract with them is month to month, so if you don't like something you can always jump out at the end of the month term. I would check out their TOS and see if it something that might work for you.

I just thought I would jump in here since roqstar doesn't look like he comes on here much.

I'm sure the company is legit, I have no doubt about that after visiting their website. And anyone who spends days arranging one drum kit is intentionally wasting time. The only thing that should take a days is arranging entire songs. Every business I've ever worked for has paid either a salary, by the hour, or per product.

The website is based on selling loop and sample downloads, right? What system is in place that I can can view sales activity? Or, are you asking me to take a leap of faith that the company will send me exactly what they owe?

Please understand that I'm very cautious about who I consider doing any kind of business with. I'm also in the same business of creating samples and kits; however, I was planning to run my operation completely different than these guys. I have multiple online affiliations that allow me to profit from selling products online. I can track the results of my efforts with each company. I don't see that roqstar has an affiliate program and it's cool. I don't mind collaborating in other ways.

At the moment, it seems like roqstar needs new inventory for their online store. I've never been the guy to just stand by in idle while someone else sells my stuff for me. Not unless I've trained them to do so by my standards of satisfaction. Naturally you can expect a guy like me to have questions for anyone who wants to partner up. I've already been scammed once in these threads. It won't happen again.

Make no mistake, I'm in this for the money. What guarantee do I have that will get me the 50% that's owned? People breach contracts all the time. Trust me, I have contracts out with people that still owe me money. I'm looking for a system of accountability between business partners that allows everyone to get whats owed to them in a timely manner. I don't see music, or its components, as a seed to be planted for harvesting later. Once a song is created, it's ready to be sold. The files that he seems to need are associated with full beats. To me, that's a lot of product to send to anyone without some kind of transaction up front.

Last edited:
@himbeats True. I know that that particular field consists more so of live bands and instrumentalists (rather than saying musicians. lol). Not saying thats a prob or anything. Yea I spoke w/ bandcoach and recieved some good info.

I thought hard on doing field recording and mixing audio for films and those raw sound libraries people collect. There was one particular website I cant remember that posted a lot of engineers who did this, how they created sounds for Transformers, Matrix etc... I may try doing so once I graduate but for now ill stay on route w/ my current plan. Sounds are infinite. Libraries can never have "to much" imo. Who wants to use the same orch stab for the next 5 movies??~!!! But anyways that is a great field to get into, get dirty and just record and manipulate RAW audio...ahhhhhh

Last edited:
Yeah, I see your concerns man...really I do and I know you are going to use caution if you have been burned before. I don't know about these guys first hand so please understand that this was told to me by someone else. But they work with them and say they pay monthly via paypal. I would use them but I am already with a few others. Now you are right in that if they don't look like they have a good stock of sounds or NO way for you to track your own sales I would not do it either. IMHO a decent site that has been in the soundkit game for more then a minute will have a way for you to see your sales in real time. I personally prefer a third party managing sales is the best situation so that there is no cheating on sales. I do sound design for one company and all of their sales are delivered electronically by a seperate company. This way I can log in and see the total sales and know how much I made at any given moment.

See I never been burned on my sounds so I may be looking at it differently and I have to keep in mind that there are people out there that will rip you off. So far I will say that I have just been safe and not lucky as to why I haven't been ripped off yet. For me anytime I do business with someone new or a new company, they only get 1 soundkit. I never give up a bunch of sounds or beats or anything until they can show that they will pay. I have no association with this company so I don't really care if you use them or not, but if you do you may want to just submit one kit and that is it. If they don't pay you then you are only out that one kit.

The other thing I just noticed is that they want you to submit samples of your work. I would tag anything you give them so they can't use it because at this point there is no contract in place so you are just submitting your work freely to them.

IDK man...like I said I do understand your caution when someone else is dealing with your product and your name. Maybe somebody that has actually used these guys can post about their experience with them.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

@himbeats True. I know that that particular field consists more so of live bands and instrumentalists (rather than saying musicians. lol). Not saying thats a prob or anything. Yea I spoke w/ bandcoach and recieved some good info.

I thought hard on doing field recording and mixing audio for films and those raw sound libraries people collect. There was one particular website I cant remember that posted a lot of engineers who did this, how they created sounds for Transformers, Matrix etc... I may try doing so once I graduate but for now ill stay on route w/ my current plan. Sounds are infinite. Libraries can never have "to much" imo. Who wants to use the same orch stab for the next 5 movies??~!!! But anyways that is a great field to get into, get dirty and just record and manipulate RAW audio...ahhhhhh

Sounds like you got a good plan going and I think you are doing it the smart way. The opposite of the producer that is only focusing on beats is the producer that is trying to do too much. Jack of all trades and master of none. Trying to do too much can be just as dangerous as not doing enough. This happens sometimes when folks get on soundclick and realize that the money just doesn't start coming in once you have a site. So then instead of learning about promotion and marketing, they try another area of the music business and so it goes. Stay focused man sound fxs aren't going anyway. Just about every movie, tv show video presentation, etc. uses sound fx. If you are ever on set you will see that they are only recording the speech. Walking, doors closing, fight scenes, etc. are all done from fx libraries.

Last edited by a moderator:
HIMBeats said:
IDK man...like I said I do understand your caution when someone else is dealing with your product and your name. Maybe somebody that has actually used these guys can post about their experience with them.

I like reading reviews of peoples experience when dealing with companies. The more information the better...

I like reading reviews of peoples experience when dealing with companies. The more information the better...

Hey...I am with you man....the more info. the better. Yeah I would check them out for sure. KVR might have something about them. Maybe check out soundsand gear and see if Saint Joe has review them. Maybe even create a new thread and see if someone has used them here on FP. With all those folks on here somebody is bound to have used them.....if not that is a red flag..lol. Well Don't let nobody make money off your talent without you get some of it.....that's my motto and I know it is your too.

I sent them a demo, and they contacted me a couple of weeks after. It's the founder himself that contact you when their interested in your work. First thing i did, i googled his name. Sounds like he is really into the music business since a long time and he has work with a couple of big companies (disney, mtv..). He also has his own production company A2R Productions | Music Production Company. I think its really great and it sounds ok, but there is some things that bugged me a little: First, it's impossible to know where is the company located (no adress, no phone number) only an e-mail adress. And also, he asked me to send him the songs from my demo in separated wav tracks and some other loops without asking me for more infos about my adress, bank/paypal account. Does that mean they absolutely need to hear every single loops in the highest quality before they make any decisions? I'm new with theses sites and i would like to know what you guys think.

Back