What are the Top 3 Everyday Steps you take towards making money?

ProducerJC

IndieHost
The title says it all...

What are the Top 3 Everyday Steps you take towards making money from music, or in the music business? Who's consistent with it and where's the proof? I'm looking for certain types of producers to help spread the word about. Reply to this thread with your Top 3 Everyday Steps for making money with your music, or in the music business. I may choose to promote you!

1. I use royalty free samples 2. Create content, Music, album art, etc. 3. Expand fan base in a positive and social manner.

i really want to answer this so here goes.

1. find a reliable ad/promo source that will filter my creations down to the people who actually want to hear amateur hour. incredibly hard because it takes a lot of money OR a backer who believes in you that much which is even more difficult to do since i don't know where to look.

2. produce relative but good music for people and not just cooperations. this is actually easy for some of us since we understand the importance of playing both sides such as david guetta
who lives in the underworld and surface.

3. give consumers incentives when purchasing your product. don't make it an impersonal thing where you just want their money. make them feel as if they are needed by making them part of a cause. how? thanking them personally or inviting them to a session if you're in their town for starters. treat to a dinner or play against them on a game console. just plain out be a people person. show them their .99 went a long way. peace. :-)

Last edited:
Back