*HD asks* What does it take to be #1 on soundclick?

HDProduction

I know that i have to make good beats and stuff and be nice to people and so on :D but i really dont know how to be #1 on soundclick because its hard to get some clicks. might help me out and give me some tips? it would help me alot fams! and might clicking my links on my signature
001_tongue.gif
?

but i see people hit the charts without soundclick promo and theire page looks like a normal custom page

The only guys who do it without promo are probably guys who are established thier fan base and can get tons of clicks without it. But they used it before they got to where they are.

But ya any idea's besides paying for promo...i would like to know this as well. It feels like soundclick is a monopoly these days with the same guys staying on top constantly regardless if the beat is subpar compared to thier previous work.

The only guys who do it without promo are probably guys who are established thier fan base and can get tons of clicks without it. But they used it before they got to where they are.

But ya any idea's besides paying for promo...i would like to know this as well. It feels like soundclick is a monopoly these days with the same guys staying on top constantly regardless if the beat is subpar compared to thier previous work.
yeah and it depends also in which genre you put your beats. i was on #11 on westcoast one time but that was all...

Last edited:
It's just marketing man....

Find a niche and promote your ass off. The less competition in the niche the easier it's going to be to rank

Last edited:
Marketing is the key to money, learn, learn and learn some more about marketing.

you can "learn" all you want about marketing...if you ain't got no MONEY, you ain't gonna be marketing SHIT...nice post though...
True you need money to market, I forgot sometimes you have to put that out there because people do not have common sense at times.

If you want to market and you don't have money then use all THE FREE MARKETING methods.
1 would be youtube. That alone can make you a star if you use it right.

There are millions of people on youtube and they can spread the word very fast if you respect 4 rules:
1. you get in their face.
2. you make cool songs/beats
3. You position yourself like a celebrity. - Meaning the quality of your videos will be great.
4. You make something viral.

Respect these rules and I guarantee that you will make it big in the 6 months.
As another thing that I would like to recommend:
Give some for free to people with an audience and ask their opinion! Like a hip hop blogger for example. You ask him to review your beat.
If you have a beat that worth it he will promote it for you to his audience.

Of course this is just 1 simple way.

oh people thx for the nice information. never found such nice information! this is how i promote. im registred in many forums and also on youtube and i give feedback and ask if i can get feedback too. it takes so much time but its also worthy and you can know many nice other producers such like in this forum!

If you want to market and you don't have money then use all THE FREE MARKETING methods.
1 would be youtube. That alone can make you a star if you use it right.

There are millions of people on youtube and they can spread the word very fast if you respect 4 rules:
1. you get in their face.
2. you make cool songs/beats
3. You position yourself like a celebrity. - Meaning the quality of your videos will be great.
4. You make something viral.

Respect these rules and I guarantee that you will make it big in the 6 months.
As another thing that I would like to recommend:
Give some for free to people with an audience and ask their opinion! Like a hip hop blogger for example. You ask him to review your beat.
If you have a beat that worth it he will promote it for you to his audience.

Of course this is just 1 simple way.

exactly you don't need money for marketing efforts youtube and social media...are great examples
and once you sell a few beat please,please,please reinvest in your marketing campaign...
when starting off I would take 70%-90% of the money I made off instrumentals and reinvest in my marketing campaign
be smart when marketing ...do controlled marketing so you can really understand what worked and what didn't
music blogs are a great outlet as well as your own blog

oh people thx for the nice information. never found such nice information! this is how i promote. im registred in many forums and also on youtube and i give feedback and ask if i can get feedback too. it takes so much time but its also worthy and you can know many nice other producers such like in this forum!

Don't let anyone fool you into believing success is free because it has it's price. If you want to realize success then you must take the necessary steps obtain proof of achievement. Those who don't have money need to get some because the world won't wait for you to get it together. Even if we have money, success requires money to remain in your possession. In the business world, either make a move or forfeit entirely.

Read this for more info on marketing online. This information in it's content will help you move up virtually any music chart.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Don't let anyone fool you into believing success is free because it has it's price. If you want to realize success then you must take the necessary steps obtain proof of achievement. Those who don't have money need to get some because the world won't wait for you to get it together. Even if we have money, success requires money to remain in your possession. In the business world, either make a move or forfeit entirely.

Read this for more info on marketing online. This information is it content will help you move up virtually any music chart.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

That was a weird freakin error...

Last edited:
I feel you that's marketing/promotion campaign need financial backing/budgets but I also believe
invest more time and building relationships,using social media at the grassroots/shoe-string budget level then once you sell a product or service
you must reinvest in your campaign 70%-90% of what you make back into your campaign and starting paying for advertising online and offline

I've been telling everyone about HootSuite since I've recently implemented it into my market campaigns. I've started a journal which is currently documenting the growth of my sites traffic. I collected a couple years worth of traffic. Maybe in a year or so I'll turn it into a "How To" eBook, manual or something. In the meanwhile, I urge music professionals to get the paid version of HootSuite. They should take advantage of the suites tools, like: tweet scheduling and team member management. $6 per month is a steal considering the financial return. Hootsuite dramatically increase traffic to my site; without a doubt, it's helping me still.

Last edited:
Back