Getting a manager??

aRboogie

"THAT" GUY...
Whatsup, just wondering whats the best way to go about getting a manager?? I live in NYC so i dont doubt that are great management teams around. I just dont get how to go about potentialy getting signed to one? If anyone has any advice or tips id appreiciate it..

An i dnt wanna hear no people say " if ur good the manager will find u..", if u say that; heres ur response before hand, "kick rocks with sandles on"

An i dnt wanna hear no people say " if ur good the manager will find u..", if u say that; heres ur response before hand, "kick rocks with sandles on"

what would you like us to say?
press x, x triangle square while holding the start button to make a manager appear?

the truth is when youre doing enough on your own people will start to ask "who manages you?" and you can go from there

producer managers usually have emails, myspaces, twitter accounts etc though it cant be hard to find some one you'd want to work with

theres also beat battles, studio sessions, performances
just go to where the people are to get noticed

also dont go in with the mentality of getting signed TO a manager.
they work for you, not the other way around.

they work for you, not the other way around.

Meaning YOU PAY THEM! if you aren't making money then why would they work for you 15% of $0 is $0.

and if you are thinking that they will start out by getting people work when they aren't working before you are mistaken.

this is what happens when u try to ask a serious question to little kids... do i even have shit to manage??? naa man, i have no beats, nothing.. i just surf a producers forum and ask pointless questions for shits and giggles.. u morons are... morons... I kno how a management company works, i never sed i was looking to get managed for free; i obv have money. im just looking for a manager to offer good tips and help out so i can progress. Believe it or not but some people on this site have actual jobs and dont have time to sit on the comp all day. And when they do have time, they spend it on the actualy process of MAKING MUSIC, not sitting on a forum site being a smart ass every oppertunity they can.. so unless someone can actualy answer my question, do as i said and kick rocksss

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

and to the op. ur advice is correct, i just knew that alrdy.. im not looking for a manager as if it was a hailmary in football, my shits on point and im just trying to do something with it. Producings not for everybody, and i kno that. but if its somethin that i feel strong about, im atleastttt gonna try whatver it is i can do.

okay simple question

What is your discography?

you are asking very basic questions, ones that inexperienced people ask. So I assumed that you are inexperienced. "How do I get signed to a management team?"

i never sed i was looking to get managed for free; i obv have money.

ah, its not about money hombre.

if youre unhappy with the advice ive given you already all i can say is you should never pay a manager/management company upfront before they get anything done

they take a percentage of money they help you earn.

other wise they could just get paid, do nothing and tell you works been slow. not a good situation to be in.

lol i kno that, but this is wat im saying. how do u go from no income to a lot of income!!!.. im not saying im the best producer on this thread site and i shud be earnign 50k a beat right off the bat, but i kno i have good material that others wud be intrested in... my only problem is i cant find the people. seems like every artist ive worked with Localy, hasnt had the same motivation as me and mid-way thru a project they start slacking and the relationship breaks apart. I kno it sounds like im asking for a blueprint for sucess, but im not. Im just at a road block right now and need a little guideance, cuz im having trouble thinking of a way to get from spot "A" to spot "B", and i thought a manager would be the best way.

Networking tip #1: If you ask people for advice, don't call them "morons" and "little kids" when they offer it to you.

I think we have found why the 'right' people don't want to work with you. maybe, just maybe the problem is you. If everyone that you work with looses interest half way through each project and the relationship breaks apart, you might want to closely evaluate yourself. maybe you just rub people the wrong way. maybe you are not easy to deal with and that is why people don't deal with you for long. maybe.

If you are offend by this, then you obviously need way more help than anyone is able to give. and I also then recommenced visit a psychotherapist and iron out your issues.

lol, i can garuntee u thats not the case. I dont mean to sound rude, but the fact of the matter is we are tlkin on a forum site... 80% of the people who are use to using forum sites kno that half the time, regardless of what u say or how u say it; theres always people there to flame ur statement. Now, im not saying my response wasnt quite harsh, but it shudnt matter. Because theres so many people who have tarnished the mutual respect that was once given on forum sites...
And to be 100%, im not that type of person. Me online, isnt me in Reallife. The artist i have worked with, i was nothing but helpful and nice to them. Id go out of my way and put in extra hours to just finish something. Believe me, im a nice guy... I just dont put up with smartass resposnes online from people that dont give 2 shits about u and ur question. So, i will appologize due to the fact that my response was a little heavy; but dont expect that too often.

Me online, isnt me in Reallife.

why?

ive sold beats to ice cube and gotten on scarface's new album ...hell im even helping him find other producers

all because of the internet.
i found scarface on TWITTER!

dont be a jerk online.
enough people are already filling that quota.

Back