Pop/Top 40 songwriter looking to collaborate with a producer & singer/s

PamJ

I’m a songwriter looking to collaborate with a producer & singer/s! here’s the rundown:

OBJECTIVE:

To make solid demos that we can pitch to artists/labels/etc. The goal would be for us to get cuts and/or be in an artist’s camp.

Target: Top 40 style music - Pop/R&B/Dance

SONGWRITING

Here’s a playlist of the last 4 songs I wrote…in a rough demo form (basic production & temp vocals)

https://soundcloud.com/pamjocson/sets/for-collab-march-27-2017/s-cOoDO

• Ctrl Z - R&B Pop for male artist
  • Kisses Travel Down - Acoustic Pop for male / female artist
  • Love You First - Pop for male / female artist
  • Mind Off Of You - R&B Pop for male / female artist

My influences: Max Martin, Greg Kurstin, Ryan Tedder, Bonnie McKee, Savan Kotecha, Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter, Benny Blanco, Jack Antonoff

PRODUCTION & VOCALS

I would love to work with producers & singers who can take rough demos and pretty much polish them into a high quality demos with a great vocal performance. I’m also open to toplining (lyrics & melody) to a track.

IF YOU’RE INTERESTED

Also, I’m a member of TAXI, so we can make demos based off of current listings and we can submit them, which means the demo gets to be heard by an industry player and he/she can forward it to the label/producer/artist if they’re interested.

Anyway, hope to hear from producers/singers who want to collaborate! Thanks!

Pam J

hey Pam,

did you really write all of this? and who made the beats? it's weird how the beats match your voice. but its not just from a tonal perspective. if you lived near me i'd want to work with you in person. i heard a lot of "glimmers." how long have you been doing this for?

hey Pam,

did you really write all of this? and who made the beats? it's weird how the beats match your voice. but its not just from a tonal perspective. if you lived near me i'd want to work with you in person. i heard a lot of "glimmers." how long have you been doing this for?

Yup! I wrote, recorded, & produced all of it in my bedroom studio. I’ve been trying to do the whole DIY-demo-then-send-to-TAXI thing since 2014. I’ve had a few forwards but most of the time, they tell me the vocals need work. Hahaha! Which is why I’m seeking out singers that can really sing and sell the song. I just feel like I'd be able to work faster and be more productive as a songwriter if I didn’t have to worry about the singing part, because it really is the bottleneck in my work flow. Like it legit stresses me out when I’ve finished writing and producing a song and all that’s left to do is record vocals. Dun dun dun!

As for the production part, I can do basic production and arrangement but I’m not able to get it to a “broadcast quality” level yet. And I’m kind of all over the place when it comes to different genres. It would be nice to work with a producer who really knows more about sound design by genre and mixing. It would be nice too, to be able to topline over a finished track.

Basically, I just wanna focus on the songwriting (melody & lyric writing-which is what i really love and enjoy doing), and maybe occassionally co-produce tracks, and mainly— not have to worry about singing and recording vocals! Ha! :cool:

I like the melodies in Ctrl Z. That's pretty dope. If you practiced more or got the right person to sing it, that's a definite hit

Hey man! thanks for the positive feedback! I am currently looking for singers, so hopefully the song has a better chance to get cut/released by a label! :D

Back