"What is an Avatar for 100, Alex"

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-traxx

i have no idea what an avatar is but its one of my apparent goals to get the respect i so richly need to rule the world.
:bat:

The ARP Avatar is a small vintage synth made by the company of Alan R Pearlman.

The FP avatar is the small picture you can set under your name when you have 500 posts (or is it 1,000 ?).

e.g. look under my user name, the alien pic is a .gif avatar

WOW THANKS

thanks guys. now i am better off in the knowledge gained to complete my quest. and for THM. what vile axe of war is this that you show me?! i must have it. but how is it played. you are very knowledgeable and i saw keys on the engine of destruction and heaven wouldnt allow for this machine to be equipped with midi. thanks in advance for the answers.

:cool:

j-traxx said:
i have no idea what an avatar is but its one of my apparent goals to get the respect i so richly need to rule the world.
:bat:

I don't know how an avatar will get you respect, and rule the world, but you need 1000 posts to get one.

(10,000) gets you a Beamer or a Mercedes, I forget which.

The ARP Avatar was made in the late 70ies with the purpose of synthesizing incoming guitar signals (so it was a kind of signal processor). The technology was very similar to the very popular ARP Odyssey, also containing two oscillators and a similar interface, but without the keyboard of course. Nowadays most Avatar owners use it rather as a kind of CV/Gate expander module instead of a guitar signal modifier...

THM said:
The ARP Avatar was made in the late 70ies with the purpose of synthesizing incoming guitar signals (so it was a kind of signal processor). The technology was very similar to the very popular ARP Odyssey, also containing two oscillators and a similar interface, but without the keyboard of course. Nowadays most Avatar owners use it rather as a kind of CV/Gate expander module instead of a guitar signal modifier...

There you have it! The Synth Master has spoken. I think that wraps up ARP Avatar 101 today.

:cheers:

FYI: and the first ARP Avatar in the UK was delivered to Pete Townsend (yeah - the singer/songwriter/guitar player from The Who).

you wanna know who alex is?

Ha!! heathens!!!! i'll never tell you!!
just kidding. alex is the first name of the gameshow host for "jepoardy". the show where you answer answers with questions. like. "it's a web forum where you can learn from moogloving aliens." ..... "what is futureproducers.com alex"

his name is alex trebek. great guy too.

jeopardy.jpg

he's the guy in the left.:cheers:

av·a·tar

1. The incarnation of a Hindu deity, especially Vishnu, in human or animal form.
2. An embodiment, as of a quality or concept; an archetype: the very avatar of cunning.
3. A temporary manifestation or aspect of a continuing entity: occultism in its present avatar.
4. <chat, virtual reality> An image representing a user in a multi-user virtual reality (or VR-like, in the case of Palace) space.

:)

Re: you wanna know who alex is?

j-traxx said:
Ha!! heathens!!!! i'll never tell you!!
just kidding. alex is the first name of the gameshow host for "jepoardy". the show where you answer answers with questions. like. "it's a web forum where you can learn from moogloving aliens." ..... "what is futureproducers.com alex"

his name is alex trebek. great guy too.

http://www.npr.org/display_pages/features/feature_1449840.html

he's the guy in the left.:cheers:

Yeah, I get it now.:rolleyes:

Sounds like a pretty mental game show! I can imagine it would confuse the hell out of me! I think I'll stick with "Who wants to be a millionaire?" :D

Cheers,
Filo.

OH YEAH??!!

well they dont have trivia about sausage like jepoardy does!!!!
and i heard that they do incorporate broadcast towers in the spectral wilderness for those who have no cable so there!!!!
much better than that millionaire show with the curmudgeonly elder host with evil music and lights that scares contestants into momentary stupor.

"i'll pick sausage for 500 alex"

:victory:

phone a friend

i would rather phone a supreme holder of knowledge on the given subject.. but it's sometimes difficult to make that decision in light of the prevailing base rates of my local phone company in regards to long-distance calls to the spectral wilderness. i usually get one quarter triforce per minute when i call the spectral outerworld with no connection fee!! but these are things you only learn on jepoardy. not millionaire.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back