What is the best VsT's for R&B?

S

Skateboard B

What is the best free or commercial VsT to produce R&B, where they have pads, synths, and pianos that is great for R&B music. Really I would like to know if there are any good free ones but commercial VsT's are good enough as well.

My favorites include:

Trilogy - still the best bass
Atmosphere - Amazing pads and strings
First Call Horns - Big Fish is great
Analog Factory - So thick and real sounding
Massive - Huge bank of sounds
Nexus - Huge bank also with many types of sounds
Battery 3 - Great for drums in ProTools or Cubase
Edirol Orch - It really sounds good
EWQL Gold Orch - Amazing More Strings
Albino 3 - Great Synth
Blue - Another great synth
Elektrik Piano or Lounge Lizard
Minimoog V
B4 II - My favorite organ
Hybrid! - Probably the cleanest synth I've ever heard
Vangaurd - You just have to have it
Z3ta+ - with the virus mod.

SampleTank2, Colossus, Hypersonic 2, or VI One just to have a all-in-one for the sounds you can't find.

You should be able to do anything with those. Analog Factory is my favorite. It sounds SOOOOO good.

That's my post from another thread but it gets any music done.

I don't like many free plug-ins but there are tons of free refills for Reason that are worth a damn. Get Reason if you think you might like it. It's the best all in one workstation for beats/instrumentals.

Skateboard B said:
What is the best free or commercial VsT to produce R&B, where they have pads, synths, and pianos that is great for R&B music. Really I would like to know if there are any good free ones but commercial VsT's are good enough as well.

Here are some more.

Sample Moog. This baby has all those RnB sounds you are looking for. Ik

Mini Moog V by Auturia

Real Guitar and Real Strat by Musiclab. You need realistic guitars and these so far are the best I don't use anything else.

Ivory Pianos You need realistic pianos, I love anything from Bosendofer Iperial grand to Baby Grand, or the Imperial grand piano.

Velvet (Protools users only) HOT PIECE!

Sonic Synth, this comes with 5,000 sounds! hot sounds there.

Stylus RMX Xpand for realistic drums. I love this thing. :cheers:

Philharmonik Orchestra by Ik. These are the most real to me and cheapest. You need to go hear a demo and I bet you will end up buying them. They did a wonderful job, they even panned some of the strings for you. you get all the Orchestra sounds of a real Orchestra, from Violin to Oboe, Clarinet, to Timpani drums.

If you want to make hot RnB, think REALISTIC SOUNDS! Get the gear that sounds realistic that's how I came across my gear.

stylus rmx - drums/perc/fx
trilogy - bass
b4 - organ
native instruments electrik piano
sampletank - horns, filler instruments/fx
samplemoog* - synth sounds/bass/fx
miroslov philharmnik* - strings, brass, woodwinds, etc
sonik synth* - synth, guitar, filler instrument

* i use these libraries with the sampletank engine.

i have been able to get allot of mileage out of these 5 vsti. plus, i am able to use these 5 vsti without using the freeze function and without choking my CPU to death.

yes, i own battery 3, fm8, massive, pro 53, colollus, VI-ONE, garittan big and jazz band, GPO, hypersonic 2, intakt, kontakt, lounge lizard, acountik piano, atmosphere but the above vsti are my bread and butter for r&b.

a moog emulation, a rhodes/organ emulation, a plug-in with strings such as sampletank and some decent drums and your off to a good start.

for R&B the best for me are HyperSonic 2 and Hallione(included in Cubase 5)

Back