VAZ Modular

N

nesco

hey, does anybody using VAZ Modular? is it hard too play with it? i'm seriously think to buy it but i need some comments about it, so if there's someone out there...

I haven't used it myself, but have been thinking of getting it too. It's a cool piece of software, it's modular so you get virtually endless possibilities for sounddesign, but there are alternatives like Reaktor . Hard to play with? I don't think so, certainly not compared to other modular soft synths. Only downside is that it's sampler features are rather limited (just playback).

go for it!

i LOVE this synthy :)

easy to use (do the little tuturial included with the software
before getting started), incredibly flexible and well its software
but its ANALOG emulation!

have come to using it almost exclusively for sound design (apart from the odd reaktor or absynth line)

arturia moog V

tried arturia and liked it. it's phaat. but actually dont use it that much. i find the possibilities for creating your own synthies quite limited considering the small amount of modules available.
with vaz there is really no end to possibilities. unlimited number of modules for around 50+ different kinds of modules! at the same time giving you the same kind of quasi-analogue quality of sound as with moog.
also vaz interface is much more ergonomic to work with. what the point of that visual emulation of mooog on your screen when you are working with a mouse and not with your hands?
why emulate the shortcomings of hardware with its advantages?
the sequencer of vaz though limited in what it can do as compared to a real sequencer plattform like cubase, logic or cakewalk is still great for creating quick sketches for a song or soundscape. moog sequencer is archaic. again a pity with the great sound quality of moog that the user interface is limited to what the original hardware could do.
arturia mooog would be great if its emulation of analogue synth quality of sound was reconciled with the 21 century by bringing a state-of-the-art user interface with it.

Back