Smooth 609A Limiter- Cupwise FX Nebula release

cupwise

So the limiter section is finally done! I was going to announce this release in the same thread as the comp, but I didn't think it would be this long after the comps release that it came out so now that thread is kind of old.

Being a limiter, it's obviously a bit more.. limited in versatility than the compressor set (which I previously released here), but i added in some extra controls and abilities not found in the hardware that i think opens it up quite a bit. as always you can use the standard versions which are the most similar to the hardware, but there are additional versions using different detection mode types which will give different results. you can crossfade between the sound of the unit with no comp/limiting and the limiting effect itself, and you can also mix in some of the purely dry signal as well which gives you a lot of ways to be more subtle about what you do here. of course you can also use that ability to crush something and then mix some un-crushed portion back in to get different results.

it can do instant limiting even though the hardware would let a couple of milliseconds by before clamping down. it definitely lives up to the name 'smooth' at almost all times. again, it's not as versatile as the compressor, but it definitely has uses and it definitely has an analog sound to it. there are audio demos for you to listen to, so go check it out.

Back