Problems progressing with Reaktor

D

DjPlasTech

I got reaktor recently and have been playing with it non-stop for a week or two now, and i haven't been able to figure out how to create more complex synths. i'd like to make something very complicated that i could use with my music, but i can't learn what i need to do that. does anybody know what i can do to fix this? i'd like to know more about synths in general but also how to build more complex synths, starting from the ground up.

can you make some basic instruments? the best thing would be to download some from NI's user site, and look at how they're put together.

= chiisu

yeah i've already done that a ton, but i don't understand how it is being put together. I need explanations on what is being connected with what. I haven't built anything too complicated at all, and am totally stuck on how to make them more complex. eventually i'd like to create something as complicated as a virus or nord, but that will take a very long time. i'm not sure what i need to read or do to be able to progress my knowledge in synths and reaktor.

This Reaktor book here made a world of difference for me. I had good background on subtractive, fm and wavetable synthesis before getting into Reactor, though.

The book is top knotch, no Reaktor neophyte should be without it, imnsfho.

I built quite a few generic synths with Reaktor, what I always find is that a bunch of simpler and more specific synths tend to sound better, and take up less system resources.

However the problem is deciding what you want to do with Reaktor....

If you do want to make a big synth in Reaktor you just have to look at any other synth and copy the interface. Then connect the machines that the interface requires.

All the connections are really obvious... if you have a filter module you have a number of in-ports, and if you hover over the module with your mouse it will tell you exactly what to connect to it, and even give you default value examples.

Don't expect to do everything in a week or two... Almost two years down the line I'm still finding new ways to manipulate sound with reaktor.

Hogus said:
Don't expect to do everything in a week or two... Almost two years down the line I'm still finding new ways to manipulate sound with reaktor.

First off, push yourself to get something in a week or two.

Second, YEARS? Two _YEARS_!? Six months I'd understand. I suppose you don't spend a ton of time in Reaktor?

even if one spent a lot of time with reactor, i would assume it would be possible to find new ways of manipulating sound with reactor, even after two years.
but then, i havent used it properly so i really wouldnt know.

Back