DreamStation the answer to analog softsynths

P

Phatt Commando

Sound - there are a wide range of presets to go by, the sound is excellent, no crackles while playing or anything.

Useability- 3 oscalaters for serious sound, oscillater B has fm modulation option which kicks major ***, the user envelope section is amazing to transform the sound into anything you want, delay overdrive, portamento, and lfo's are superb

what can this synth do for you - This is the machine of my dreams, 303 type sounds are easy to get if you know how to fiddle with the filter and oscilators the fm option in oscilator B can make your lead or bass sounds go crazy, and all the knobs more than most synths I know of can really open your eyes to the possibilities it can offer

9.5 - 10 on my scale

this is a standalone synth that can save in .wav but fruityloops have made a dxi version of the synth which looks basically the same on there website, I recommend buying this for all your synth needs

http://www.audio-simulation.de/index.html

hmmmm.... I was not too impressed with "dream station". The waveforms lack warmth, they sound very thin and brittle. I could have asked for more options. I've worked with tons of softsynths and this one didn't impress me much. The gui kind of stinx too. small and looks like it was designed for windows 3.1.

Peace,
LC

I agree Lc the pads and synthleads are not the best i've heard but its the only synth I could make a warp brothers / Voodoo & Serano acid lead with ease, everyone loves warped basses used by alot of artists today but have no idea how to do this, dreamstation can make it with any square bass simply by lowering the filter cutoff and adding distortion to it, I use Galatix for pads and dreamy synth sounds, but the dreamstation is god for 303 sounds and the kicks that come with it or my main source now for kicks, so basically I gave it 9.5 for its 303 sounds and the ability to make phatt basses lol

later
Rob

Back