Best Software For Adding Acapellas To Tracks

Mr.BiG

I'm currently using acid pro 4 and its being kinda gay, i need to get an RnB acapella in beat with my 133bpm tune and when i try and cut up a verse and add it one half is 90bpm the other half is 125bpm and its really annoying. So what other software is good for finding out BPM's and chopping up accuratly?

I have one song that I have done this successfully with in Acid 4 (Most of my stuff is instrumental). I used the beat mapper to try to match the tempo of the acapella to my rhythm track. I then split the vocal track between each vocal pause (as many as I could get away with - some places you can't split and still have it sound natural) & nudged each phrase on the correct alignment with the beat (you need to magnify the files immensely to do this with accuracy).

This was a tedious process of course, but the results are undetectable, as long as you are not adding too much pause between splits. Also, it is not necessary to put each phrase exactly on the beat (vocalists aren't drum machines), so you can compromise a little balancing the length of pause with how much the following phrase is ahead of or behing the beat.

try pitch n time 2.whatevs

cut the acappella tight- count the bars/beats and enter the information into the tempo section

the program will tell you the bpm based on length and your input

then it allows you to enter the desired bmp and it will compress or stretch the acappella accordingly

find PNT2.? @ www.serato.com

TheGooch said:
Make the verse a one-shot sample instead of a loop

doing a one-shot on it simply keeps the file at the original BPMs... a loop will do all the appropriate stretching...

if you have ACid 3 or 4 you should be using the BEATMAPPER.... it's kinda rough with no hits....

but you can get it close... then drop a beat track on it and drop it the newly beatmapped acappella over it... and then cut it up to make it match better....

or, you can start using ReCycle and go that route... but you'd have to pretty much cut up the vocal in sections ... use soundforge for that...

I haven't had any problems utilizing the beatmapper in Acid 3 or 4... But it is time consuming.

I'm thinking about switching to Melodyne... it's supposedly a perfect time-stretching/pitch shifting tool...

wonpeace said:
try pitch n time 2.whatevs

cut the acappella tight- count the bars/beats and enter the information into the tempo section

the program will tell you the bpm based on length and your input

then it allows you to enter the desired bmp and it will compress or stretch the acappella accordingly

That's also how you can do it with Soundforge/Acid...

cut up the sample into verses and chorus, etc...

then you EDIT TIME (or something) and input how many beats are supposed to be in the sample... based on your info, it drops the "1, 2, 3, 4"s into it... and then in Acid, you can change the BPMs to your heart content.

Hello. I'm new here.

Anyone know where/if there is a free share-ware Beat Mapper online for download? I really need one ASAP and my older version of Acid (3) doesn't have it!

Thanks!

- Stratos

Pro or Music?

I think I have Music... which is the cheaper of the two (but hey, it was a gift!).

- Stratos

Back