best place to get drums

Dumont

Whats up everybody. Recently I was about to buy a motif. I decided to stay with cubase with my laptop. I got good instruments but i really need better drums. I have battery 3 and there are some good sounds but not that many. Where should I go to get some better drums. Should I get them somewhere online or should I buy an mpc or some other type of hardware? I really like timbaland's drums. Not trying to sound just like timbaland but just trying to give you an idea of what kind of drums im into. Can someone help me out?

Whats up everybody. Recently I was about to buy a motif. I decided to stay with cubase with my laptop. I got good instruments but i really need better drums. I have battery 3 and there are some good sounds but not that many. Where should I go to get some better drums. Should I get them somewhere online or should I buy an mpc or some other type of hardware? I really like timbaland's drums. Not trying to sound just like timbaland but just trying to give you an idea of what kind of drums im into. Can someone help me out?

buying a mpc won't fix your drum issue as the drums that come with them tend to be booty. it really depends on the kinds of sounds you want but i generally take mine from old records

Most ppl say free drums online suck

but shit they're free
take an afternoon download all the free legal drums you can find and go through them and make a folder of decent, clean sounds and stuff that you can use to layer. and then start buying some HQ libraries and go through those because TRUST ME some sounds from the "best libraries" are still wack

native instruments maschine is stocked with killer drum sounds for all kinds of music and has really good hip hop and digital sounds. I also got battery 3 and just use alot of the free stuff ive had over the years and just stack and pitch the sounds in battery which is pretty easy to do. Note that this is very very time consuming, hell for me to be happy with 61 of my own drum sounds it would be close to 2 days of work which includes picky sounds,exchanging one sound for a better sound and stacking it,pitching,blending the sounds,filters if needed,eqing,and just making sure its what i want. Some times just buying drums is easier but alot of the time you will only like not even half of what you get or its just recycled garbage thats been out for years like dr dre,timbaland,just blaze's drum sounds. But creating your own sounds is what will make you stand out cause it will be only you that will have these sounds and having your own sound is what makes producers great thats if there good sounds. timbaland and polo da don are big on making there own sounds in fact polo said he dedicates his self to a few days of making new sounds to get more of a creative flow going and inspiration which is the truth right there.

I personally hate free kits. I generally take my drums from vinyl some sounds from popular songs and many songs from not so popular songs then I mold them with other drum sounds i have sometimes mold with factory sounds and I really like the drum synth in Kong for layering also and create my own new drum sounds. I take a good amount of time and pride with my drums.

Haha damn I am too inpatient for that, feel free to send me your drum sounds :).

I think most are too impatient to be honest lol. I don't see the point of not taking the time to build your own sound collection/library of custom sounds to be totally honest. All of my sounds that I have may be based on something else but its all customized to fit me and my work style. Besides that a lot of my drums are really just layered anyway most everyone layers drums. Its the stuff I do after layering that makes them different.

Back