Tips an tricks for Spectrasonics Trillogy??

Anyone have a trick for a good DEEP sub bass in trilogy? i been kind of trying but i can never really get exactly what im looking for... so i use other vts's whenever i need something very rugged... BUT I know trilogy can do it... havent really learned to go about it...

thanks in advance... a patch would be nice ;-)

Last edited:
Funny I was just going to ask a question similar to this one, I have Trillian, which also contains the Trillogy library in it, I wanted to know which basses in it our good for hip hop, there are so many sounds to go through it's easy to get lazy. I also know you can actually type and search for a sound, but is there any specific sound used for hip hop?

You newer guys often ask whats such an such an blank an blank is good for hip hop... think of all of what you have... ALL of it can be incorporated into hip hop... i mean cmon... hip hop is the most universal music.. hip hop is a mix/mashup of ALL music. Think about it like this. A guitar... that one instrument it can be used for rock, reggae, soca, salsa, country whatever, so its the same for anything else.

Now you may wonder about a specific patch inside trillian... i dunno jack, but im sure if you went through all the presets and freak an tweak some of them you would find what you are looking for... I just cant seem to really find something very rugged... something that would sound like an old school magic mike bass tape or an old school Dj sqeeky bass tape.

Last edited:
Well I am not really new, I have been on this site since 04, but recently changed my username, it seems that you answered mine and your question, I basically wanted to know if I can find the rite bass without the tweaking, I'm not sure what bass you are looking for

Is there a specific song that has that bass sound you like

smh We arent looking for the same thing, I didnt answer my own question. If that was the case i wouldnt have made this thread. I used my own advice that I gave you... didnt work... sought help.

Last edited:
Synth Bass> Waveforms> Sine and Triangle> Minimoog Deep Sine. Its a good start for a deep heavy sub that has worked for me. To truly get it the way you want you must play with the cutoff and resonance. Then adjust the amp envelops to taste. Be careful to have your volume at a reasonable level, because it can get dangerous when experimenting lol.

I like trilogy for other basses but not sine. The knobs and sliders jump when your adjusting, also for some reason I always get a kick like transient from the attack of my bass when the attack is raised, the sustain is down. I have been using that as my goto for sometime now, but theres better fishes in the sea or Im not doing something right in Trilogy only.

Thanks homie... for as long as I been making beats im still lost in all of that sine, square, triangle ish.. smh... I need a book or video on that! I usually just play around an twist knobs and a lotta times it works for me in other vst's just not trilogy... I been doing that for about 9 years now smh. Now im really interested in that stuff.

Yea same here, making beats for like 10years and just now I'm learning the keys and putting in my own bass, good luck with that sound Heavy Weight

Thanks homie... for as long as I been making beats im still lost in all of that sine, square, triangle ish.. smh... I need a book or video on that! I usually just play around an twist knobs and a lotta times it works for me in other vst's just not trilogy... I been doing that for about 9 years now smh. Now im really interested in that stuff.

You still make decent music if your the same person on the CP forum. I just passed my 10 yr mark in june. Im still learning, I never had all these resources when I started and I wasn't immersed with others who had an interest. For some its a slow process.

This video helps despite his accent he plays in bass octaves...

Some basic, but not to basic info about waveforms.
harmonic science >> math >> waveforms pt. 2

Thanks fam... and no im not that person you are talking about but im still dope :) lol... yea i've seen vids like this before... im still uncertain about which does which... therefore i use my ear and twish knobs... OR take a preset an freak an rape it ;)

Last edited:
Back