TC Electronic 64 bit problem solved.

MadAnthony81

Hi guys, and gals, I hope you are out there too! Dont know what i'd do without ya! Thought I'd let you guys in on an issue i finally got resolved for my windows 7 64 bit drivers and TC impact twin audio interface problem. This will probably work with any tc audio interface with firewire but thats just pure guessing.

I thought my problem might be with firewire card Syba PCI-express 1eeee 1394b low profile with TI XIO2213 . LUckily it wasn't and the card is totally 64 bit capable like it lists and is 64 bit compatible. Atleast on widows 7 Pro. But i think it for some reason may even run on regular 7 windows. Dont quote me cuz supposedly windows 7 pro is for firewire and certain other XP compatible programs. Also Other upgraded windows 7 as well are capable. This firewire card for your info was only 28.99 on Amazon.com.

Finally after investigating for many days I resolved the Audio interface i think it was 10d blue screen error. I went to Tc electronic started to fill out a spiteful tech issue complaint but then noticed the FAQ support option in the tc impact twin question search part. It came up in french but wala with english conversion i found the answer.

Windows 7 Pro

1 Go to start menu and right click computer.

2 Go to MANAGE

3 Go to DEVICE MANAGER and go to 1394 section in my case it was bus controllers (i had installed an external fireiwre card inside my computer)

4 UPDATE DRIVERS

5 Do a SEARCH from what is already on the computer and its drivers.

6 The final step i believe is selecting legacy or legacy as was read in my answer. I selected the one legacy that was available to me and it has been running fine the last couple days so far.

7 HOPE THIS HELPS. haha good luck! make some killer music. God bless.

Back