single VST with best SYNTH PRESETS for modern electro-pop/hip hop

World Wide

I am looking for the best SINGLE (not a bundle) VST with the best TWEAKABLE PRESETS (I prefer tweaking existing presets than programming from scratch) for modern electro-pop and hip-hop.

I'm looking to spend under $200

I'm thinking maybe one of the plugins from u-he or Tone2? Or maybe Sylenth?

If it helps, in the realm of synths, I already own Reason 4, z3ta+ 2, Sampletank, Sonik Synth, and Analog Factory (plus obviously a bunch of the free stuff)

again... I'm looking for MODERN... Analog Factory has me covered on vintage!

Any opinions are much appreciated!

^^^nah I haven't. I haven't really seen anything in it that I think benefits me! I'm not looking for a drum synth or pitch correction or "enhancements" to the reason sequencer.

I don't think any of the upgrades since 4 have offered anything to the ReWire Reason user.

Yes, but again, I'm looking for synth presets... not FX for reason instruments.

"Which car should I buy?"
"Have you checked out skateboards??"

with that said... NI are having a 50% off on their products... i.e. massive, reaktor, fm8, etc... you may be able to get 3 vsti for $200 with NI...

Hmmm not a bad idea. But I just looked and Massive isnt on sale... so it would have to be Reaktor, FM8 and Absynth. How do you think these would meet my needs (in terms of preset quality, tweakability, and moder-soundingness)??

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Tone 2 gladiator is great super easy to tweak. Try the demo

Do you think gladiator is better than Firebird or ElectraX?

These are the two I was moreso looking at, but I have no personal experience with any of them so let me know what you think!

^ idk about Firebird but I've tried out ElectraX it was okay, liked gladiator much better.

Before you decide to buy anything try out Sylenth!

Last edited:
Um... I assumed you were making the suggestion because these are products you have used?

You are clearly having trouble understanding how this thread works.

What the hell... your posts just keep getting weirder and weirder hahaha.

Ok so you do own komplete... which means that you DO own FM8, Reaktor, and Absynth... so the answer to your questions of "how would I know?" is "through personal experience"??

I am asking, as a user of these plugins, what is your opinion on these synths as it relates to 1) having good presets, 2) tweakability, and 3) do you think they have a "modern"ish sound?

Jesus dude. I asked you for a simple opinion... by your logic lets just shut down this whole board because whats the point? Everyone should just decide everything for themselves.

It was a simple question. Thanks for trying... I guess?

If you just want presets and are using R4......you can save your money and just find some presets and combinators for R4. Plenty of free ones and not so expensive ones.

But if you just want something new synth wise I would go with Sylenth and a bunch a old synth emulations and search for presets in them. You probably missed out on the Arturia Minimoog for free.

Me personally I would spend $200 on some sort of hardware or instrument. You can get plug ins for free and do find...presets and all. You can't get a bass guitar for free though...or an electric guitar...or a brass instrument...or a field recorder....ect. Me personally though.

Last edited:
Sylenth1 is the best way to go in that price range. Maybe Nexus if you up your price range from what I am hearing about it. The reason I say Sylenth is because its a great sounding synth with good presets there already fairly easy to just dive into if you understand basic synthesis and there are sounds out the ass for it available on the net. The only real downside is that I haven't figured out how to get it to remember where my presets are so everytime I load it I have to remind it where my preset folder is when I want to use one.

I'd say Reaktor...but that's not much like "buying 1 synth", it's like buying 1 synth that consists of a ton of modules that you can add more modules to. Plenty of tweakable presets, but you may want to watch a few vids of it in action before deciding.

If you just want presets and are using R4......you can save your money and just find some presets and combinators for R4. Plenty of free ones and not so expensive ones.

Any in particular you recommend?

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

i answered your question multiple times...

Actually no, you did not.

You should just stick to following around Xabiton trying to embarrass him. That's pretty much all you're good for here.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Thanks for the input everyone! Right now im leaning toward Sylenth... but I'm gonna check out Reaktor and Gladiator as well!

Just have to search.
It is waaaaaaaay more presets for reason out there and a lot of em are free. I mean....if you haven't even been to the propellerhead site then you just feel like spending some money. :)
Downloads - Free ReFill archive
I design my own sounds when it comes to synths. I mean......it isn't a sound out their in any vst or synthesizer that I haven't heard or if I haven't I probably wouldn't want it anyway. That's the fun in a synthesizer....creating from scratch and knowing how to get close to the sound in your head without search a million presets. So I don't really mess with presets unless I'm bored. Hell you ask me, reason factory > Slyenth 1 and anything else......way better. It's like you giving away money for a lesser product. IMO.

dont be mad!!!

if your current "tools" are not doing the job... it is not because of the "tools"!!!

hahahahahahahaahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

there are some who have made hit records with just Reason 4!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

How many hit records have you made again...?

Oh yeah.

Sorry I also forgot your other use here... the use of "unnecessary" quotation "marks" in a "context" that makes "absolutely" no "sense". You're def the main one on these boards helping us reach our monthly quotation mark quota.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Back