Reason , syncing up the same and the beat.

S

StylesAndFlavor

Recently started using the redrum and I love the beats from it. Im just having a tough time meshing it with a sample. I can do the drums first and make a beat from there. But when I find a dope sample that I just want to add drums and such to I cant get it to mesh right or come out good.

Any tips

1. accurately determine the tempo of the sample.
2. edit the length of the sample based on it's BPM.
3. apply time stretching if nesasary.
4. place the sample into the ReDrum and see if it fits your beat.
5. if the timing does not sound right the start position might need to be adjusted or the sample might contain swung notes that will not fit your vision without some mad sample editing skills.

1. accurately determine the tempo of the sample.
2. edit the length of the sample based on it's BPM.
3. apply time stretching if nesasary.
4. place the sample into the ReDrum and see if it fits your beat.
5. if the timing does not sound right the start position might need to be adjusted or the sample might contain swung notes that will not fit your vision without some mad sample editing skills.

Hey man I appreciate the reply.

Unfortunantely I cant find the bpm properly or time stretch. Im real new to all of this. Its pretty frustrating haha, you want to do something simple but you just cant do it. Ive got all these ideas but just cant put them into the software and out the speakers.

What version of Reason are you using? If you have 6 its really easy to create a loop and find the tempo that way.

This is easier to do with 6 but what you want to do is setup a loop you can also do this in Reaper or any other DAW and bring it into Reason. Then just cut it on the down beats. Then play the sample back on each down beat. That is how most do it today. Or you can just cut the points that are not on beat and play them on the beat. Either way you have to be creative with it. I would suggest not using the Redrum for this but instead using the NNXT, NN19 or Kong.

Back