PreSonus Studio One Pro V2

B

BentleyBrook

I dont want to receive bias answers so lets start it up with this what do you guys feel about this DAW?

I bought S1 last week after two months of testing it, and I would have to say that it's now tied for my favorite daw next to FL studio. S1 is a beast.

I have been looking for a DAW to use on the Mac. I tried Reason, Ableton, logic, Cubase and Reaper.

Cubase - I hated it

Logic - I started liking, but felt that they made certain things too difficult which messed up my workflow

Reason- There are certain VSTs I need and the fact that it didn't support it, I just couldnt mess with Reason, plus it has the worse Piano Roll out of all the daws. But with that said Reason is still a beast and it never crashes, it just wasn't the daw for me.

Ableton - I was going to settle for Ableton as the daw I use for my Mac.

But then I found Studio one and it was love at first sight. Studio one has an amazing workflow, the best effects I ever use and it makes certain task simple without having to do multiple things to comple a task like logic. By next year Studio One will be in the top three most popular daws, I guarantee it. Alot of ppl that use Sonar and Cubase are jumping ship to studio one.

The only downside about studio one is the instruments it comes with. The instruments are great, but there is not a big selection to choose from like Reason or logic. But they already hinted at adding a step sequencer and other stuff soon, so it will only get better. Besides that you won't regret buying it.

Reason has by far the best piano roll. It is very defined. There is no guess work. Either you want it to float or you click it to snap. Things never go where you don't want them. It's the smartest sequencer I've ever used. I record a section, press F8, then quanitize to whatever grid I want. Easy to select what you want. Easy to adjust clip size, easy to create additional note lanes, easy to do everything you want to do in a sequencer. If ProTools had a midi sequencer like the one in Reason I would have started making tracks in ProTools ages ago.

Midi is the front man in Reason. Analog style programming and patching is second. The only downfall is the lack of plugin support but there are only about 4 or 5 plugin instruments I need in Reason and only about 10 or so FX plugins I need.

If Reason had Nexus2, Virus TI integration, Nord Lead Emulation, and Ultra Analog with Softube PE-1C, Black76, White2A, Lexicon LXP, Soundtoys Radiator, Slate Digital VTM, Sonnox Eq, Maag EQ4, apQualizer, and NF Blue Tube Effect Pack I'd never need another D.A.W.

If ProTools had the seq from Reason with a Thor and NN-XT in plugin form I'd never switch to another D.A.W. also.

what does any of that have to with Studio One?lol. Reason does have a very good sequencer, I agree, I hate the PIANO roll. The point of mentioning those DAWS in my post was to tell the thread starter what I did not like about them and why those dislikes made me go towards Studio one. But next year by this time Studio ONE will be one of the most popular. Its still a DAW that is only two years old so ppl are still catching on to it.

my favourite DAW, been using it over two years now. I love the work flow of it. It's still fairly new so it may lack a few things, like a good sampler or a step sequencer.

but I think if you have s1 with Komplete, then that's a killer combo

I find Studio One easier to understand than other DAWS and the workflow is superb. It's come a very long way in a short space of time and keeps on getting better.

Last edited:
Back