MIDI: Undefined external error (Behringer UMX25) help!

Lowan

(screenshot of error and what i get when i search for the reg key in attachments <-- the red text is what i translated to english)

Hi guys! Im looking for a mastermind to solve this problem for me.

First of all, im sure this is not a hardware problem since on other systems everything works fine.

After i've installed a trial of Ableton on my system i have a problem with my midi device(s).
Ableton is no longer installed on my system.

If i connect my keyboard through USB to my computer i get an error in FL Studio AND in MIDI-OX.
"undefined external error" The hardware seems to connect properly to my system. It shows up in device manager and does not give any errors there.

The weird thing is that if i open a standalone plugin, it works.. (massive/absynth)

I have tried the following things:

*Re-installed my Behringer drivers

*Disable all devices (soundcard, other sound drivers, and my keyboard) because i thought the signals might interfere.

*Cleaned my registry

*Ran a bunch of malware scanners and other anti junk programs

*Tried connecting to a different usb port

I could only find one answer to my problem, that did not solve it for me.

They told me to look for a certain key in my registry,
"4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318"
"There will be several registry keys that look very similar. You can confirm that the search function has located the
correct key because the (Default) value is Sound, video and game controllers and the Class is MEDIA"

I get something else. A key with the name "default" and it says that there are no value's set.
Plus i tried to follow those steps anyway, wich didn't help either.
(they explained i needed to add something to my registry. I cant post links since i'm new on this forum, if you google 'undefined external error' you will find what i'm talking about)

I had this problem a couple of days ago when i installed Ableton and was able to restore my system to an earlier point.
Wich solved my problem. It came back when i reinstalled ableton the day after. And now i cant restore to the point where it still worked.
(seems like it deleted that point, or it was more then 5 days ago im not sure, but i cant restore to that point again)
I have to mention that the first time i installed Ableton i installed the 64 bit version, but that did not work well with my plugins so the second try i gave the 32 one a shot, wich worked fine.

Other midi hardware also gets the error as well. I tried connecting a KORG PADkontrol to my system, same problem.

Both the Behringer keyboard and KORG work on a different system so its not broken hardware.

Ive been doing my head in on this for hours now, and still have not found anything useful.

Please help me :C

EDIT: I am using windows 8.1

Attachments

• Undefined external error.jpg
    Undefined external error.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Regedit.jpg
    Regedit.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Back