Max Martin 90s Loops? [Late 90s Pop - Backstreet Boys,Nsync,Britney]

K

KevinLDiamond

Ok,so, don't hate me, but, I really like the late 90s teen pop. I know that's not considered good music in general, but it makes me feel happy and I like it.
So, I was wondering.. what do I need to make that sound?
I use FL Studio and Mixcraft 6.
Anyone has the late 90s Max Martin type loops?
That would help A LOT !
So, if anyone has any tips, please leave em down below or PM me.

I am only 15 so please don't be too harsh,haha.
I am still kinda clueless with this 90s sound I wanna go with, but I did make some songs so far.
So, I hope I posted this in the right section, if not, I hope mods put it in the right one.
Thanks y'all! :hello:

You probably want to get sounds from (or similar to) the Korg Triton/M1, the Yamaha Motiff, and the Roland Fantom workstations.

If you're going the software route, I'd suggest maybe starting with the Korg Legacy VSTs (Korg) and maybe some soundfont collects of some of the E-Mu stuff (Mo Phatt/Planet Phatt, etc)

Good luck!

You probably want to get sounds from (or similar to) the Korg Triton/M1, the Yamaha Motiff, and the Roland Fantom workstations.

If you're going the software route, I'd suggest maybe starting with the Korg Legacy VSTs (Korg) and maybe some soundfont collects of some of the E-Mu stuff (Mo Phatt/Planet Phatt, etc)

Good luck!
Not quite. If we are talking the late 90s BSB, Nsync, Britney ect sound its straight Triton/Trinity, Emu sound modules, probably a Roland JV module, Roland Drum machines 808s, 909s ect. The M1 is from the late 80s I had an M1 its a good sounding module but doesn't fit the bill. The Motif came out in 2002 and the Fantom in 2004 years after their run.

This is an old link of his gear. I am not sure if its still his current setup but I found this looking for the same information in 2007. Maratone it hasn't changed at all since then even down to the old Pro Tools rig which is like 5 versions old. I am pretty sure this is from 2005 some time. If you want something equal to what he had I would really consider grabbing the Arturia V Collection. Every relevant vintage synth you can think of emulated besides the Korgs and every drum machine you can think of. Also look at the Korg legacy collection and then an older sound module to get a similar kind of sound like Purity. There is nothing wrong with liking that kind of music. Hell I was 15 when Genie in a bottle came out and I still think that beat is the shit. Max Martin has hits a shit ton of them. Most recently Roar by Katy Perry. He's a great producer and one you should not be ashamed of liking.

^^^ Thanks for the additional info. Not at all my area of expertise, but I saw no one was helping this dude so i thought id do my best.

As all the Cheiron drums grew popular, there was some sample CDs that came out. One was named Downtown Beats if I´m not mistaken. But it is rather hard to get these days.
You could make Martin-like music without specific samples if you were good at producing. Even with the right samples it won´t be easy to reproduce this sound. It has a lot to do with brilliant pop production.
A steady beat that shines through hard and make you wanna move. Good vocal production with a lot of detail to harmonies, doubles etc. The even fatter vocal production in the chorus. And the Solina string patch that comes in in the chorus. These elements was really the Cheiron sound. And hard to recreate as heck.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Back