Looking for the best music production tool?

Phase Down

Defineaudio.com
Looking for the best music production software? Just started out and not sure which program to start out with? Or just simply looking for a fresh route to take, updating your workflow.

I written a article about this the other day on my blog, just wondering what you guys think of it.

Define Audio

Thanks, I think most people know this, but I've been sick of new producers who are literally looking for the best software so it kinda led me on to write this!

Great article! I highly recommend FL Studio. I have been using it for 8 years now and I can honestly say its a power machine.

As far as which DAW is best, that is a personal preference my man.

i have to agree that flstudio is good for quick use .. getting ideas out as fast as possible .. creative flow work flow or wat not ..
i used for about 2 years and half but the main reason i chose this daw is for the use of ur cpu keyboard with midi input becuase i didnt have a real one/nor did i have the money ..
u gotta think of the future will u only be producing ur music or will u ever play it live ..because lately ive been looking up Ableton live .and its ease of use.. from wat ive learned its just as intuitive as fl studio but with more power so to say which is shown during live performances
youtube dot com/watch?v=31AFfyPXUKQ&feature=related
in the vid nosaj thing has a slew of effects midi synced and can play all to his liking with perfect timing

its up to you but remember, you can also use a mix of DAW's ;) thanks guys I'm glad people like the article.

Personally, I use Fl Studio because of its ease of use. Load it up with some good vst, vsti, and samples and you are good. Also great article btw! I was looking for a guest author to write an article on my blog swagschool dot net in the beats/production section on the top music production software. If you would be interested hit me up!

learning more than one daw has its advantages, more tools at your disposal and you can collab with more people. also some daws might have a better method of getting a particular task down, for example i find recording audio much easier in reaper than in FL

good article. I tried cubase a few years ago when I first started working in music, and . . . that was it. I wrote it off and went back to cakewalk. It took a long time to find a program that I was comfortable with, and now I use Cubase 5 (and Flstudio 10, Reason 3 , And my Tascam 8 DP 01CF. I found that most have features that may be better suited to different people, and listening to other people can end up costing a lot of money. I wish this article was available to me when I started recording.

Seems like personal preference these days. Alot of producers have, there favorites but i definitely see Pro Tools winning.

I just want the best program to work with my motif rack es, and it seems like FL might be limited in that regard. I love FL, but people talk about it like your not really on their level.

Last edited:
Definitely Reason 6 for me. If it doesn't have what you want, you can just build it! There's a lot of good ones out there though, just try some out I'd say. Download some demos.

I use Reason 6 and can say I love it. I went from MPC/Hardware setup to Reason 3-6. Some folks don't dig Reason, but my 2cents is that its pretty solid bang for your buck. Reason comes with alot of features and instruments built into the software w/o forking out extra loot for plugins, etc.

Personally, ableton live does the job, I've worked with fl for a while but couldn't really work to well with it. ableton is like easy to learn, but impossible to master.

Back