korg m3 with fl studio

moose818

Hi, everyone. I am a new producer and i just got the korg m3 and fl studio. i have everything setup and i am able to get MIDI sounds from my korg onto fl studio but when i use the joystick, ribbon, and or x/y mode all that fl studio receives is the sound and not the effect of those features. i have the M3 editor installed but still no luck. can someone help me understand on how to set up the settings on the korg or fl studio to make it work. it mite be that i have some cables on the wrong place.
heres my setup m audio fast track pro, korg m3, two monitors and the maschine.
i have two trs cables hooked up to the korgs L/mono and R outputs and the other ends into the m audio mic/instrument ports located in the front of the m audio. i also have a usb goin in the korg to the computer. same for the m audio.
then i have the monitors connected by xlr cables and into the m audio's trs outputs.
oh i also have one midi cable onto the midi out of the korg and midi in of the m audio.
if u see anything wrong that might be the cause of my problem please let me know. or if u think its a setting problem from the korg or fl studio please dont hesitate to help. any help would be great thanks.

Whats up man.. i know that M3 is nasty.. I got the M50.. sort of the same set up kinda.. i had to call Korg help desk and they walked me through it.. it has something to do with the Sync process.. I had to go to the midi portion of M50 and put a check mark in all those boxes, then when i loaded the M50 VST plugin it Sync with everything.. took like 15 to 30 sec to sync. It sounds like it could be the problem..

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Oh " oh i also have one midi cable onto the midi out of the korg and midi in of the m audio."

- U really dont need that connections.. you already have the USB going to the computer.. (serving the same purpose)

yeah fl studio does not automatically map some of the controllers like some other daws.....i had 3 keyboards and none of the mod wheels worked inside of fl studio...but another daw like cubase....the mod wheels and d-beam worked perfectly....i dont know why its like this..

Back