Intuitive DAW for Composing ??

Modern Growl

Hey all – new to the forum (1[SUP]st[/SUP] post!) :)

I’m starting to dive into DAW and I’m trying to figure out which would be bestfor me (bass recoding / song composition). Any input would be greatlyappreciated!

I’m a bass player first and foremost, but I would like to start composing musicalong with my recorded bass playing.

I’m looking for an easy to use DAW that will give me full functions (effects,compression, eq, etc…). So far I’ve narrowedmy choices down to:

Presonus Studio Pro
Cubase
Abletion
Cakewalk
(I've read Presonus is one of the more intuitive... but I never used any of these).

I’m looking for ease of use mostly, and wondering if one abit more intuitive towards composition?

Last edited:
Ableton might be a good match for you. A bit of a learning curve, but once you get it down it should be smooth sailing for you

Studio One wins in terms of ease of use in my eyes.

I recently switched from Cubase (by way of Reason). There wasn't much learning curve to be honest. On top of that, the effects are top notch. Stock instruments are alright, but you get Komplete Essentials bundled in which should give you what you need. That plus Sampletank Free and you're in business. Also.. having Melodyne integrated is AWESOME.

Can't say enough good things about S1. I'm done searching for DAWs. Too many current benefits and a serious upside with this one.

Back