FL STUDIO: Saving the beat as an mp3 file ( MAJOR PROBLEM )

refreshdj

i make a beat...then save as mp3 file...then i play the file...but it doesn't play the beat...

FL never did this before ... smh

never had a problem saving the beat as a mp3 file, just recently i tried to save mp3 file & all of sudden when i open the file, it wont play anything...i tried playing the saved file through iTunes and windows media player and i get nothing...however the beat does play in FL Studio

....i just need it to get it as an mp3....is there a specific save setting i'm unaware about ?
thanks in advanced....

You are exporting it, not just saving it, right? Make sure it is in "song" mode instead of "pattern" mode

Last edited:
Yeah it's in song mode...I double check, the live mode is also checked.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

i think i just figured out whats causing this problem...i downloaded some vst's for this particular beat im using...& these are brand new. i've never used em ....so for a test, i just deleted all of the *new* vsts i used in the beat and tried saving it.... and it works ! ,,,but when i add the vsts in and save it Thats when it doesnt play jack SH*tttt. !! smh ... any suggestions :??

Yea that can happen. I suggest deleting every channel EXCEPT the vst's in question, (just as a test. Dont overwrite and **** up your original beat file.) then export and see if it plays, if they do, then export those patterns as WAV and then add them into the original beat like a sample then you can delete those vst channels and export.

thank you so much for your help, I very much appreciate it.

Yeah i just tried your brilliant suggestion but still I have the same problem...It only does that when I save those Vsts. to be more specific ...it's a horn sound called "so Lena" the Name of the vSt is Serenity ( free )

Once again I appreciate your time & good looking out

Ok, my last suggestion would be to use the "record what you hear" function in an audio editor program like Audacity (free). After lots of googling apparently if you have a DELL comp its dam near impossible to do this unfortunately. Maybe try uninstalling/re-installing the vst also.

Back