FL studio or.....

jslproduction1

Hi ive been making beats for quite awhile now on FL studio 10 and now i feel like FL studio 10 is sort of a basic start for many new musicians. And i keep thinking that possibly cubase or pro tools would be better

But in reality what software do many people use, and in people i mean by music producers out in the world??

Which one would yyou prefer??

And also is there any VSTi similar to hypersonic, becuase i cant seem to get hypersonic work on my computer :P

No D.A.W is better ,its just about what works for you.U should try Reason its a little bit more intricate and about the Hypersonic thing..if your runnin windows 7 u need to get the DXi Internal version of Hypersonic

I've been using FL since version 6 and cant see myself moving away from it.
I have dabbled with Reason, Sonar and Cubase but always found myself going back to FL.
I've started using Ableton Live for performing live but still getting used to it.

My advise would be to stick with FL if you are already familiar with it and learn it inside out. Its capable of doing everything that all the other DAW's are doing (such as VST compatibility and MIDI functionality) so if you're happy with it, stick with it.

Hi ive been making beats for quite awhile now on FL studio 10 and now i feel like FL studio 10 is sort of a basic start for many new musicians. And i keep thinking that possibly cubase or pro tools would be better

But in reality what software do many people use, and in people i mean by music producers out in the world??

Which one would yyou prefer??

And also is there any VSTi similar to hypersonic, becuase i cant seem to get hypersonic work on my computer :P

I agree with you, a lot of people do consider FL to be a "beginners" choice for music production. At the same time there's a dude named MDL productions that MURDERS FL in my opinion and as far as I know he still uses it to this day and producing for big names like Justin Bieber. I personally use Reason/Record....for me it's the perfect software for production and mixing...in fact, I've worked with ProTools and other DAW's and find Reason/Record (soon to be Reason 6) to be superior for mixing. Like someone mentioned it really comes down to preference and at the end of the day you're doing your own mixes so use what works best for you.

Oh and if you're planning on going from FL to PT it may be a bit of a learning curve at first.

Last edited:
The DAW does not make a good beat...you do. Don't fall for the hype of you gotta have what this producer is using for your beats to be hott, just keep makin good music with what works for you.

Back