Do eLicensers and iLoks work the same?

odinnshred

Wireless Wizard!
Basically, I bought an eLicenser (Steinberg) for VPS Metrum and I'm looking to get the huge EWQL Hollywood Brass/Strings/Woodwind bundle pack. However it says I need an iLok for this (well, I researched and found out I needed it. The website doesn't say clearly and apparently they are less than helpful.)

I'm wondering if I can use my eLicenser for the EWQL instruments. Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance :D

They serve the same purpose, but for different vendors. EastWest only works with iLok because it is coded around that specific security product. eLicenser dongles only work with the vendors that support it. Basically you will have two different hardware keys. I recommend getting a Belkin usb hub if you more ports.

I used to fuss too, but I realized that the developer has to protect their investment to recover expenses of production. There aren't many better ways to do this. EastWest got burned once when they used Kontakt format. They don't want that again.

I don't mind, in fact I understand. Its just annoying that EWQL can't be eLicenser compatible. Now I have to buy another £40 dongle that I'll only use for one thing haha

Back