Transfer from XP to Mac

DKen

Hey everyone just got a mbox protools setup.

I've been making beats for a couple years now, digging samples, chopped in Cool Edit pro than flipped in Fruity Loops, done all mixing, Sequencing done in Fruity Loops. I gotta say i am pretty upset that Mac does not support Fruity Loops.

So i have my protools setup which is sexy, alot of nice plugins including Addictive Drums, drum plugin which bangs ! and there is no way I will go back to XP :-( . i could run Protools on XP , but it runs like **** and on my Mac it is smooooth as hell..

So for a sample sequencer and to chop samples on my mac, what do you guys recomend to run as a rewire, plugin, etc via ProTools, that could hold a candle and atleast be half decent to the Fruity Loops sequencer and sampler, which is pretty much untoucable..

Any suggestions are appreciated

Recycle + Reason is a posssible solution, but it's fairly expensive unless you really want to use the rest of reasons features. It's excellent just for the sounds and synths alone.

^ I would recommend the same. I made the switch from PC to Mac almost exactly a year ago. I was nervous about leaving FL Studio behind but I got Cubase Studio 4 soon after I got my iMac and my life has been so much easier. Now I'm running Reason rewired through Cubase along with Recycle.

Back