Tracker or normal sequencer

perteas

Hey there,
I got the idea to make my own trance music...;)
I read some forum threads and wikipedia articles about what to use, but I didn't found anything what answers to my questions.
First I would like to know wether there's a bigger difference between trackers (like renoise) and normal sequencers (like ableton) than the interface... Is renoise bad for trance? I think the interfaces of the trackers are better than from normal sequencers. And when i got my sequencer, whats the midi keyboard... can you download sounds for it or is that integrated in renoise etc.
Thanks for an answer in advance
Oh and im sorry for my English, im german and not really good in other languages... ;)

Well go with what you want! I personally use Renoise for nearly all my compositions and mixing, and making trance is just as easy (and hard) as on any sequencer! (some things even better and faster to do) Unless you are into long multi-track recordings, everything there is enough!
I prefer tracker interface over sequencer as well ;)
I don't quite understand the sentence with the sequencer & MIDI keyboard, are you asking what it is?
There are some sounds in Renoise alone but I prefer to download many sample (drum) libraries and third-party plugins :)
Anyway, glad to hear somebody liking the tracker interface on this "mainstream" forum :D

Hey, thanks for your fast answer ;)
At first sorry for the sentence you didn't understood, i wrote that on my phone, and this stupid auto-correction...
I only wanted to say that the interface is better than the normal sequencer interface...
It's good to know thats actually unimportant which sequencer you use... :D
So then I think that Im going to buy renoise... Hopefully I got a little bit talent ;)
regards perteas

Back