So Who else uses Sony Acid Pro?

Sagan

Make yourself known!

I use Acid Pro, i would never use anything else.

In Ten years I will be making the best music the world has ever heard, on Acid Pro..

Lol.

So who else uses it?

Let's start our very own Acid Family in here,

We see the Fruity Loopers and the cubasers, and so on

So i ask, Family! Where are you?

I used acid alot when i started makin beats now I just use it recreationally at parties...

Lol in all seriousness I used to use Sony Acid Pro when I first started but I moved on to FL Studio and REASON, I use FL more though.

I was the same when I first got the demo, i just couldnt get into it. I slept on it for about 2 years and then started hearin some real good shit bein produced in FL so i picked it up again, checked out some tutorials and got addicted. I bought it 2 days later. It just takes some getting used to in the begginning but its actually alot more user friendly than Acid

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

I've litterally tried all the beat making software and recording software there is. And I can honestly tell you that FL Studio for beats and Pro Tools for vocals are my go to programs. I learned all the basics on mixing in acid so I give it credit but I was able to take it to another level in FL. I've seen some people produce some fire in Acid though, to me its just too limited

^speaks the truth. I've tried the trial of Acid, Reason and FL and thought they sucked for my own usage. I only recorded with each but Acid just made everything 10x more complicated for a n00b like me. I found Adobe Audition so much easier, and user-friendly than most softwares, and I could locate effects so easy.
I tried Cubase but that was just as hard and took up a load of my HDD.

I been using Acid pro since 8 years ago. I got into remixing when i was very young (13) and It was recommended to me. I didn't know anything about pirated software so I actually saved my xmas money and got this. Using it ever since then, I know it better than the back of my own hand. I use this program every day in the most extensive way and I dont see myself switching in the future. It has everything I need for everything I do. I record my music, make instrumentals, remix, mix, master, etc all in acid pro. I have a mackie control univesal and works flawlessly with the software so im pretty much set.

Remember, with ANY software, theres a learning curve. Flstudio is probably the easiest to learn, Acid pro has been one of the more difficult ones to learn. It all depends if you the time you take to learn it.

i use reason to make my beats and bounce the tracks to acid pro 7 where i record vocals.. i think its the most fluid DAW ive ever used. your browser windows, mixer, fx and everything else is all at your finger tips right when you start it up.. envelope editing is fluid and i just think its so much more powerful than all the other popular software. only problem i ever have with it is it doesnt ever record into the specified folder i give it... no matter how many times i direct it to a certain location. not a huge deal. i used waves mercury bundle and izotope ozone and i dont think ill ever need much of anything else.

Same here x, I've been using acid pro since 2005, I'm on it all of the time, practicing my production and mixing, mostly mixing

it's not what you use it's what you know, not to say acid isn't pro'

i think some people are lazy and they want that comfort in something else more commercial and 'easier'

I've heard professional music that was mixed on mix pad and it sounded awesome

it's all about what you know, and having a good ear for music

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

i agree youhopeirot

man i think acid is underrated, you hardly ever hear about it in the production field.

i sometimes use the midi sounds in acid, they can come out nice if they're treated right

I used ACID PRO for a month or two, To be honest I couldn't figure it out for shit....... So as did I move on to FL studio and ever since I've been creating some decent music!

Not hating just saying it wasn't for me :)

only problem i ever have with it is it doesnt ever record into the specified folder i give it... no matter how many times i direct it to a certain location.

I usually have it save all the recordings in the default location(my documents/acid pro 7.0), then after I finish recording everything, I go to save the project on my external, make a new folder for that project, and choose "copy all media with project", and that copies every media file in the project to that folder that the .acd saves to. I do that do I dont lose anything and everything is right there in place with the project itself. Every now and then I clear the default location.

I still have acid pro 7 - i was using acid pro ,a dell, and a home stereo and a closet. that crappy set up showed me how to mix. but thats all i had. Now i got some real stuff, but i will keep acid and fl, always.

i use Acid to Track and store beatz that i make on other peoples setups....but after that all i do is import it back into FL...so now i dont really find it useful now unfortunately

I have a full pro tools hd rig and i still use acid :).
Been using it for years.Would never mix with acid but for creating tracks it's awesome..imo..

Ha ha. Acid pro was my first download. I could never get the latency sorted so I gave up on it. It was a trial fully functional, Version 7 I believe.

I actually first started off in Sony Acid making mixes with songs as my first experience. I actually got to where I used Sony Acid + FL Studio for making music. Lately I've been strictly FL, but am thinking of using Sony Acid to complement my music again. Fun times...

I used to record in my car with the mic on my laptop with acid 6.0 lol...I thought it was a great program. Wen I used to sample, I did all my chopping and loop editing in acid also

I used to use Acid way back. I liked it back then because it seemed better than Cool Edit. That was a long time ago though.

Back