snow leopard and pro tools

I'm sure Avid will address any compatibility issues ASAP, if there is any.

Also if you're worried about compatiblity with other programs here's a list that people are contributing to, to clarify what works with snow leopard:
http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/

Last edited:
Good looking out. I just remember how slow it was before it was compatible with 10.5. Thanks. I'll keep an eye on that site

with any OS update and any music software....

i say if it aint broke...dont fix it...

only upgrade your OS when something is wrong with your setup and it can be corrected with a new OS....

music is different than a regular computer.....as long as your system works as a self contained unit there's nothing to worry about...

with any OS update and any music software....

i say if it aint broke...dont fix it...

only upgrade your OS when something is wrong with your setup and it can be corrected with a new OS....

music is different than a regular computer.....as long as your system works as a self contained unit there's nothing to worry about...

Well if the machine he uses for music production isn't a self contained unit then maybe he wants to update for the benefits of snow leopard.

Now of course you should always check for compatibility issues that might impact the applications you use most. There's always risks of being an early adopter of an OS, as there is with many things.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
so u responded to say the same exact thing i said but in different words?....nice.....

and since he never said whether its working or not neither of us really know......also...he never stated his reasons for wanting to upgrade...and that's why i made the comment i made....

as i said above...dont change just to make the change.....if u gotta change...do it for a reason......

^^^^^^^^^^^^
so u responded to say the same exact thing i said but in different words?....nice.....

No I didn't, you said this

Which I disagree with. I think that's a very narrow minded view on when to upgrade. What I'm saying is if you want the benefits of an OS update (there usually is some) and you've researched enough about compatibility issues, then why not upgrade.

He didn't state his reasons, but obviously if he's looking to upgrade one can safely assume he wants to upgrade to make use of the benefits of snow leopard, if he didn't he wouldn't be looking at upgrading in the first place now would he?

And I agree, if you upgrade, do it for a reason. But that's not exactly what you said in your first post. Anyway, to each his own :cheers:

Last edited:
Back