ReCycle!!

i enjoy the workflow of reason. i like reason as a product. the thing is i barely use recycle or the dr. rex player so i see no reason for paying up to 200 for it. as it's a digital product that can be reproduced without the need for materials there is no harm done in having the program on my computer. the thing with stealing software, and yes i use the word stealing, is that it is really a moral judgement call as to wheter or not you choose to purchase the item.

if i broke into somebody's house or stole a car i am taking a physical item. somebody would directly suffer a loss. things are a lot less clear in regards to digital media.

i have no issue with saying that in the eyes of the law i have stolen software products. i am just saying that i choose to steal them because they are unfairly priced. i purchase software too. like most consumers i am also more willing to purchase something when it is more affordable and offers more value for money.

software also has very little resale value (some software cannot be resold at all) when compared to hardware. therefore people just end up accumulating software, they may not even need the majority of it. if i have an mpc 500 and decide to upgrade to an mpc 1000 i can sell my 500 and use that money to finance my next purchase. this is next to impossible to do in regards to software. the market for selling second hand software is akin to the market for selling drum kits on ebay, ie. only fools are buying it.

even though you like reason's workflow you should boycott them just because you feel recycle is too expensive...

right?

how am i boycotting them? i purchased reason. i see no reason to boycott their product line completely. either you are extremely narrow minded or you do no know what a boycott entails.

boycoott propellerheads...

dont use reason or any other propellerheads product...

even though you like reason's workflow you should boycott "them" just because you feel recycle is too expensive...

right?

"them" being propellerheads...

yes, i do know what boycotting is...

i just think that boycotting propellerheads is better than stealing from them...

it seems like your moral compass is alittle off!!!

a moral compass is not a universal thing. it is unique to every individual. why would i boycott propellerheads? i don't generally agree with boycotting products unless i have a personal issue with how they are manufactured or the ethics of the company. my gripe is simply a pricing issue. if you were in the same position as me and you believe that boycotting would be a better option the good for you. that's great.

the only thing that seems weird to me is when some people get on their high horse and think they have some sort of moral high ground just because they've purchased their software.

a moral compass is not a universal thing. it is unique to every individual. why would i boycott propellerheads? i don't generally agree with boycotting products unless i have a personal issue with how they are manufactured or the ethics of the company. my gripe is simply a pricing issue. if you were in the same position as me and you believe that boycotting would be a better option the good for you. that's great.

the only thing that seems weird to me is when some people get on their high horse and think they have some sort of moral high ground just because they've purchased their software.

customers who pay for the software also pay for the "those" illegal downloads too...

if you want to call that the "moral high road" so be it...

if you really cant afford the software or does not fit into your budget or you think it is too expensive why brag about stealing it?

steal it and call it a day...

why try to justify stealing the software?

that is where your moral compass it off...

"BECAUSE I THINK RECYCLE IS TOO EXPENSIVE I GOING TO STEAL IT"

steal it and call it a day without bragging about it or justifing it...

this subject only becomes a problem when the individual that is stealing wears it like a badge...

how am i bragging about it? i'm just saying that i downloaded recycle without paying for it. you seem to have a problem with that for some reason. for you to tell me my moral compass is off is absurd as you are not me. i am not attempting to justify my stealing of the software as i have no problem with it, i am just explaining why i and many others decide to download software.

if you want to pay for all your software then go ahead that's brilliant, some people choose not to. to say that paying customers get hurt by illegal downloads is almost a mute point because the way the industry is going right now software manufacterers are beginning to realise that they will have to start lowering their prices if they want to stay in business. if they could get away with selling a step sequencer for 3,000 they would, and they would try to make out like people were getting a great deal.

how am i bragging about it? i'm just saying that i downloaded recycle without paying for it.

in the words of the great Ray Charles -

"make it do what it do"...

p.s. i wish i could see your face/be there next time you get jerked/ripped off...

have a nice day!!!

and

happy downloading!!!

Back