reason 4.0 install help ASAP

K

Kave

So i bought Reason 4.0 today and I was not able to install it because my computer can't read DVD's. What I did then was put my 4.0 disk into a laptop, copy the 4.0 files into a USB drive, then transfer all those folders and the install into my computer.

Now I installed Reason 4.0 but when I try to open it up it tells me to put the disk in...Can someone help me out here? It would be very very helpful because I am not that computer savvy.

i don't think u can do this because the sound banks are hidden on the dvd, best bet is to borrow or better yet buy an external dvd drive, u can get one for like 50 bucks and nowadays u need one anyway most good programs come on dvd format

marlonr72 said:
i don't think u can do this because the sound banks are hidden on the dvd, best bet is to borrow or better yet buy an external dvd drive, u can get one for like 50 bucks and nowadays u need one anyway most good programs come on dvd format

I have the soundbank folders on my desktop. I transfered it over with the rest of the folders and install.

Reason must be install with DVD or CD's.
No other way around it.

There's no way around it. This is probably done for security purposes, since so many people (you know who you are) would just as soon bootleg the software. I used an external dvd drive. And this raises the question, if your pc doesn't have a dvd drive, is it up-to-date enough to run reason 4.0? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but even though reason isn't the most processor intensive app, it can be kinda hard on older systems.

Yes my computer is up to date enough to run 4.0. It's a custom built PC that's why it doesn't have a DVD drive.

As for the dude who said I don't have enough money for a DVD drive...well you're almost right. You see yesterday I bought all my college books and Reason 4.0 and this set me back $600 but I'm gonna go buy an external drive today.

1 more questions. Since I transfered the files onto my PC, all the files, including the sound banks are on my desktop. Does it matter where the files are? If it does can anyone let me know where I should move them.

thanks

Kave said:
As for the dude who said I don't have enough money for a DVD drive...well you're almost right. You see yesterday I bought all my college books and Reason 4.0 and this set me back $600 but I'm gonna go buy an external drive today.

1 more questions. Since I transfered the files onto my PC, all the files, including the sound banks are on my desktop. Does it matter where the files are? If it does can anyone let me know where I should move them.

thanks

Fair enuff then, you should have any probs once the DVD drive is installed.

Regarding the 2nd question..? Have you run the install yet? If so, It should all be in C > Prog Files > Propellerheads > Reason folder (at least it is fo version 3)

Enjoy man. it's an awesome program.

GIJOE said:
r u trying to help or just like posting pointless comments. Wat a jerkk off

Are you the posting police..?
Well, I'll post whatever I like thanks mate.

Last edited:
Back