PT and Neko/Miko

SoVicious

Do you have to have an mbox hooked up to your Miko/Neko in order to use PT? I thought I heard somewhere that PT will work without it on the Miko/Neko.

Also would you have to buy a whole new PT just to have it on two "computers"?

pro tools does not just run on a miko-neko, still gotta have the mbox or m audio interface..
you can use pro tools on 2 computers if you have 2 mboxes..
pro tools will not run on anything without their hardware

so could I take my mbox2 to another home studio & still be able to use protools on "their" computer?

So much for for Mikos/Nekos not being just simple ass computers with MIDI controllers buildt in. (and a touchscreen, I might add, what actually is a pretty nice feature)

Edit: you could try to disassemble it to get access to its PCI ports in order to be able to insert your PT card stuff in there. Of course you'd also need to do some severe cuts/modding to its case in order to do so.
We are talking about PT accell cards 'n stuff aren't we? Or just the cheap ass LE/whatever stuff?

Last edited:
^^^huh?

You ca use PT with your Miko/Niko, you just need to install the software and have your mbox hooked up to via USB. You can't use the presonus unit and the mbox together but PT will run just fine.

cool thanks for all the input.
So pretty much i completely made it up in my mind that Miko/nekos would have something built in for PT (lol).

And I could use the same copy of protools i have on my pc now on the miko/neko, as long as I plug the mbox in. Thanks.

just thinking about purchasing an OL product so I wanted to make sure I wouldnt have to buy PT again

Yeah unfortunately you need to have your interface hooked up to use PT and no, you won't have to buy PT again just install the software you got.

Enjoy!

There's 2 ways to do it:

1. order your Miko/Neko with an maudio interface instead of the Firebox and install M-powered.
2. connect your Mbox or Digi 002 via usb/firewire and set that to be the playback device. Apparently, thats how Mysto & Pizzi have theirs set up.

Back