protool and new iMac

Aryom

anybody already familiar with the new iMacs? Been working with reason for almost a year and have pro tools Le and haven't even been able to mess with it because my computer couldn't handle it. Finally got a mac and attempted to install it on their yet it gets stuck 3/4th the way through the installation. Digidesign's site says that I need to get a new update for the computer which will fix some minor problems. I downloaded the update onto a cd from my pc, because my mac didn't have internet, then it opens up fine but when i get to the step when i need to save it, it shows two options the mac harddrive and an external harddrive i have hooked up to it. Yet it won't let me choose either one and there are no other options. It Says it needs at least like 850mb of space and it's a new computer so it should have that. So I am Currently stuck trying to get pt hooked up working smoothly, like budda. Next chance I get I will be feverishly attempting to fix this as I am dying to get into pro tools and mess wit my tracks. until then I will be stuck in just working with reason 3 which is not necessarily bad, actually it's great, but I know there is more out there that I can be doing to my tracks and they deserve it.

So I guess I was trying to say that I have a couple problems and was wondering if anyone had any wisdom on it.
1. protools will not finish installing itself. (on a mac with tiger (intel)
a. went to digidesigns website they said go to apple's site
b. went to apple's site said to download a combo update
c. downloaded the combo update to a cd
d. mac recognizes the cd and begins to initialize the installer
e. When I get threw a few steps and get to the part where I need to choose a place to save it to, the only place, the mac's hard drive is not a valid option according to the installer.
2. Why would this happen?
3. It is a brand new computer and this was the first thing I attempted to do to it.

Last edited:
true

ya I guess I was trying to run pt le 7.0 on 10.4.10 wouldn't happen
updated to 7.1.1 and it finally installed all the way, but when I try to open it won't launch. so I guess I have a few options either find another way to make music or wait for digidesign and apple to come up with some solutions.

ya I went to that link before i'm not quite sure which link you were referring to because there are a number of different ones on that page, however if your referring to the script binding update I tried that already and it said I didn't need it. I'm not sure if I can even run it on there and from the looks of things it doesn't look like digidesign is exactly sure either. I've also tried to install the combo update they suggested but I didn't succeed.

Back