Possible Work Around For VSTi's To Work In Propellerhead's RECORD

S

StreetSlang

Greetings,

I haven't downloaded the demo for Record yet as I am waiting till I get my new Macbook.

I am wondering to those that have worked with the demo, aside from the obvious of running Record as a reWire slave, can you run any of your VSTi's in standalone mode, route the audio from your VSTi through your audio interfaces internal mixer and route that signal into record as an audio track?

If anyone has the beta and a VSTi that can run standalone, I would like your input in this thread.

Regards

Slang

Last edited by a moderator:
it doesnt work that way. you cannot rewire into record tho it wouldnt suprise me if that didnt become an option in a later version.

it doesnt work that way. you cannot rewire into record tho it wouldnt suprise me if that didnt become an option in a later version.

I'm not talking about rewiring I am talking about routing your soundcard's internal mixer into itself and sending that audio channel as an audio track in Record,

he's talking about for example....

set up is

1. reason with main out = output 1&2 to hear through speakers. in your internal mixer screen set out 1&2.

2. set vst out in settings = output 3&4 (you wont be able to hear anything until you set up an audio track in reason record and enable the monitoring icon)

3. connect audio cable from output 3&4 of soundcard to input 1&2.

4. open reason record, add audio track, select recording input 1&2, click the monitoring icon so you can hear your vst.

thats one hell of an idea. ill try it tomorrow to see if it works. i dont see why not if you have enough ins and outs. but i think you would only be able to do it using stand alone vsts, because you cant split audio card with 2 programs. plus you would need to have 2 midi controllers or jump back and forth with the enabling/disabling controller bull, and that will throw you groove off real quick.

3rd party software companies might be making a work around that will work if your soundcard supports it... but for now, do your tracks in whateva you use and bounce those vst parts into record for final editing and mixing...

FYI... PH has stated there will be no vst support in the near future... It will be yrs before they risk there stability with vst's... Go buy Logic I guess...

Back