Piano Roll Problem in FL

jeffery225

too tired to care......
What up, everybody. I just got a couple of questions about Fl's piano Roll. when i use it, and try to record a melody, it comes out terribly . My question is, is there any certain way to reord , like can I reord as I help the other patterns, and also, do I have to set a certain snap or whatever to inure that the recorded audio will be in sync with the other patterns that's playing. Sidebar question, anybody has any good tips/steps on how to make your basslines thumps and sound fat and warm with your samples ? Thanks, and be blessed everyone..:hello:

What are you buffer settings? How high is your latency? That may impact it. Set the global SNAP to STEP.

So what should be a good buffer setting ? A good latency setting, and where are those found to set? i'm not ure that i have the snap set to step, but i will check tht, is that the setting for the whole project or just the piano roll?

Check my signature...Go there and read and follow the step-by-step instructions under "Soundcard Setup".

The snap setting I mentioned was the GLOBAL one, for the whole project.

also if u can use an ASIO driver it will improve ur latency in an unbelivable way

Thanks, so what do I click on in your signature again ? I assume you mean the banner underneath your name, tried that on notihing, or did you mean your sign-on name on here ?

Last edited:
My bad on that, uh but if I use the quantize option, isn't ther a chance that it might not sound the way I want it?

jeffery225 said:
Thanks, so what do I click on in your signature again ? I assume you mean the banner underneath your name, tried that on notihing, or did you mean your sign-on name on here ?

Yeah, I meant for you to follow the soundcard setup instructions in the FL manual. I explain how to find it in the banner of my forum signature. LOL.

Back