No Sound from my REASON 5?

CalleSito

The right sound card is selected (Macbook On Board) but I am still getting no sound when I make a new project ! ... The demo project with Reason always works fine.

I get all my mac osx sounds in the background though.

Is there a Mixer 14:2 in the project? you need a mixer to connect the racks to and the mixer connects to the hardware interface rack.

Last edited:
^^^Did you own Reason 4? If so, do your old songs from it work?

Also are you running a template at startup, if so, try the default load up setting.

If you're getting sound thru Reason demos I'm like 99% sure something isn't routed right.

Have you tried pressing "tab" and following all the wires to make sure everything is connected?

ahhh nevermind, that was easy enough haha.

for anyone who has the same problem, edit > preferences > audio (it should say "NO SOUND) and then choose one of them.

Appreciate the help though peeps, I knew it'd be something simple lol

Last edited:
If these answers don't help you,
post a screen shot of your back pannel, when you pressed tab, to show us what you got.
Like already said, if the demo songs work good and your own made songs don't, it most definitely is a routing issue.
You could compare the demo song with what your trying to do and see if you can spot the difference that's giving you the problem.

Back