New: Renoise 1.9

Sqito

輪唱する
Just in case. Someone might be interested. :)

Highlight new features:
  • Multi-core support
  • 6 New DSP devices
  • Improved older DSP devices
  • Improved MIDI support
  • New preset handling for Renoise's DSP devices
  • Adjustable rulers in the Sample Editor
  • Per-Sample Interpolation and NNA

(click on pics for full screenshot)

Newsletter

What's new

Renoise is available for Windows and MacOSX

Last edited:
Didn't receive the eMail yet. That's actually just a bit of copy'n'paste from a Thread at KVR. :)

Renoise just gets better and better. Awesome program.

Last edited:
The best way to find out is by trying out the demo.
http://www.renoise.com/download/
The 2 only restrictions of the demo btw are that you're not able to render your tracks or to use ASIO.
Besides from that you can use it as long and extensive as you want.... until you decide to either drop it or pay for the two functions missing/supporting it.

Last edited:
Ha Ham actually I started makin music with a TRACKER calles ScreamTracker back in 93 LOL, but man only a chord is so much coding work and midi editing takes hours LOL, I guess its just funny !!!

KlickBeats said:
Ha Ham actually I started makin music with a TRACKER calles ScreamTracker back in 93 LOL

:D I've been in the same boat. Was it an older version or the version 3 generation? Good memories all around. [Edit: Scream Tracker 2 was the first music software package I bought a license for.]

KlickBeats said:
but man only a chord is so much coding work and midi editing takes hours LOL, I guess its just funny !!!

To be fair, though, trackers are still way faster than a piano roll for some tasks. I don't know about "so much coding work" for chords in Scream Tracker, you just entered three notes, each on a different channel? :) And did Scream Tracker support MIDI at all?

Anyway, it's great to see the tracker paradigm put to good use in a modern environment, like Renoise does it.

Last edited:
Cool man !!! Yeah it was Scream Tracker 3, a friend of mine gave ne back then and it had no midi support at all. I didnt have nothing but a 66 Mhz PC with 4 MB Ram !!! What a desaster !!!! And if I am right, the sounds were all 8 bit LOLOL, but I made some hot **** back then !!!

KlickBeats said:
I didnt have nothing but a 66 Mhz PC with 4 MB Ram !!! What a desaster !!!! And if I am right, the sounds were all 8 bit LOLOL, but I made some hot **** back then !!!

Haha, you've been on the exact same spec as I was :D

My first PC was a 8088, didn't use it for music. I upgraded that thing to a 386, then a 486/66, all the while using the same case. I eventually painted it matte black on the inside and metal green on the outside. I still have that system in a working condition as a memento, heh.

Yep, 8 bit sounds it was, then 16 bit ones with the Gravis Ultrasound. Learned some serious sample manipulation on that one.

I've been looking at this for a while, but I don't get what's the big deal? I guess I should try it out. Oh well, demo here I come.

EDIT: Does anyone know if it supports rewire?

Last edited:
_SG_ said:
I've been looking at this for a while, but I don't get what's the big deal?

It's a tracker, thus being an alternative way to approach sampling/sequencing. What makes this one especially interesting is that the tracker workflow has been "brought to this century" by combining it with modern production aspects like automation and plugin support. There have been other packages trying the same thing, but in my opinion Renoise is the most solid tool in this category.

No rewire support, unfortunately.

Been tracking for years myself, started on the Scream Tracker 3, moved up to Impulse Tracker, and now I Renoise every once in a while. This program has certainly matured immensely over the past few years. Don't think I'll ever ditch it completely. :)

ive just tried the demo and i have to say i like it a lot, might buy it and try out a few projects with it. 50 euro is pretty cheap compared to FL, reason or cubase etc

hehe, yeah!

• [Add] Added Bus compressor DSP
  • [Add] Added Maximizer DSP
these are my work. check them ;)

Back