Midi reading wrong keys, FL

GoKeBe

when I hit a note on my midi, the wrong note shows up on FL, I know it seems like a minor problem but it is really bothering me, I tried downloading a driver, same problem, anyone know?

yeah your keys are probably mapped wrong...i make a drum kit via the fpc. You click the arrow down on the fpc to the left and select the empty preset, then drag your sample/drums, etc, to the pad you want them on, trigger the sound you would like to map, and then go to where it says your note (c4 for example) and click learn then trigger the pad/key you want that sound on and it should be mapped...

idk if you already know this but its my favorite way to MAP drum/samples etc to my midi controller (mpk25).

any other way you usually do it?
hope this helped btw...

What make/model MIDI device are you using? Sounds like your keys/pads are mapped wrong.

thank you both for responding,

I'm using an M-Audio Oxygen 49,

and Chamber36, I don't really use the FPC

Last edited:
its all good, what do you use in fl to trigger your samples, etc...im curious...u mind explaining what u do, i would love to try out new techniques in fl...

If everything including vst's are off, I am almost certain it's your mapping. I'm not familiar with the oxygen, does it come with a separate program that you can edit the keyboard with?

My nanopad came with an editor and I had to remap the pads to get them to work for me.

I also noticed that your keyboard has a "transpose" function. Are you sure you didn't hit that by mistake? Transposing to a different key would make the notes different from what you played within FL.

If everything including vst's are off, I am almost certain it's your mapping. I'm not familiar with the oxygen, does it come with a separate program that you can edit the keyboard with?

My nanopad came with an editor and I had to remap the pads to get them to work for me.

I also noticed that your keyboard has a "transpose" function. Are you sure you didn't hit that by mistake? Transposing to a different key would make the notes different from what you played within FL.

yeah I use transpose all the time but it only goes by the octave so that shouldn't happen unless it changed by half an octave or something mysteriously, and I think Enigma is that software that lets you remap keys, I'm downloading it

thank you both for responding,

I'm using an M-Audio Oxygen 49,

and Chamber36, I don't really use the FPC

i use the same controller and i've had this problem myself a couple of times. I just closed FL and unplugged my MIDI and plugged it back in again and rebooted FL and that fixed it everytime for me. If that doesn't work maybe reinstall drivers?

003.png

If you look at the bottom keys, you see "C5" highlighted in orange. Simply right click your mouse above the "C4" key and it all lines up.

whats funny is that the minute I tried to do that I hit my key and realized everything was on key, i don't know what happened exactly but it's fine now, thanks everybody that replied

It was a g-g-g-g-g-g-ghost!!!
relpgreen.jpg

At least you got it fixed. Did you end up downloading and trying that Enigma program at all?

It was a g-g-g-g-g-g-ghost!!!
relpgreen.jpg

At least you got it fixed. Did you end up downloading and trying that Enigma program at all?

lol at the pic

yes i did, can't really use it though, now my usb has a problem. My keyboard can play and things work but when I try to send date from Enigma into the hardware it won't go without a REGULAR usb chord and not the one I use that connects into the midi out port on my keyboard. When I use the regular usb there is errors of all types, doesn't pass test (install anyway) doesn't recognize device, dropping in and out of system ect

Last edited:
yeah I did that, seems the whole thing is f'd up, I tried it on another computer, same thing. Also when I plug that usb chord in it messes up my midi keyboard and it won't come back on until I unplug it and restart the computer. come to think of it, me installing that other driver for my usb chord may have been what fixed my keys

You can't run the Enigma utility at the same time as having FL open (or any sequencer or app that recognizes your Oxygen's USB/MIDI port) [in case this might be the prob...]

I had the same problem where i pressed c on the midi controller and it showed up as A in fl studio. To solve the problem i had to reset the midi controller. I have an oxygen 49 key so i pressed and hold the data up and down function button for 30 seconds and everything works fine. When i press c on the midi controller and am now getting c in the sequencer.

Back