(Maybe) a simple Question to Cubase?

Mötschi

Hello everyone,

as I'm new to the forum i'd like to say something about my person, before I explain my problem to you: I'm nineteen years old, male and from Germany (so please be patient if my English is not the best :D). I actually visit the 13th grade of grammar school and am about to do my final exams. I started to produce like a year before and recently finished a first house-track, which can even be played at local parties as it doesn't sound completely nooblike and is liked by my friends overall, which is quite cool for me :) Encouraged by that I definitely want to get better and do some better tracks in the future.

As I'm a student I don't have too much money for my hobby so my assortment of equipment ist quite limited. Apart from Cubase 5 I've got some popular Synths like the Sylenth, Massive or Minimoog, some mastering and effect stuff and some of the Vengeance Packs, but I still hope it's more about the creative aspect, than about your gear to create a track which makes the people dance.

Now my problem: I want to edit some vocals and tried to do a pitchshift. I watched some YouTube-Tuts, as I never did that before and the guys in these videos always get a quite large menu ,when rightclicking on the sample-track, but I just got this small cuboid with the standart tools like the glue or selection cursor for example. I'd like to post a screenshot of that, but I can't post links yet :(

Can you help my out? How do I get these options?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I think they are using 5, but I'm not sure. Nevermind I have found a different way of doing the job. But ff anyone got an idea how to edit my cursor menu feel free to post it.

Hello everyone,

as I'm new to the forum i'd like to say something about my person, before I explain my problem to you: I'm nineteen years old, male and from Germany (so please be patient if my English is not the best :D). I actually visit the 13th grade of grammar school and am about to do my final exams. I started to produce like a year before and recently finished a first house-track, which can even be played at local parties as it doesn't sound completely nooblike and is liked by my friends overall, which is quite cool for me :) Encouraged by that I definitely want to get better and do some better tracks in the future.

As I'm a student I don't have too much money for my hobby so my assortment of equipment ist quite limited. Apart from Cubase 5 I've got some popular Synths like the Sylenth, Massive or Minimoog, some mastering and effect stuff and some of the Vengeance Packs, but I still hope it's more about the creative aspect, than about your gear to create a track which makes the people dance.

Now my problem: I want to edit some vocals and tried to do a pitchshift. I watched some YouTube-Tuts, as I never did that before and the guys in these videos always get a quite large menu ,when rightclicking on the sample-track, but I just got this small cuboid with the standart tools like the glue or selection cursor for example. I'd like to post a screenshot of that, but I can't post links yet :(

Can you help my out? How do I get these options?

Thanks in advance!

LOL Not that it wasn't interesting, but all of that just to ask this simple question???? The answer is that you have to Control/Right Click. It's a preference in Cubase. You can change it around to where a right click brings up the long menu and Control/Right click brings up the little tool box, but the tools box is Cubase's default configuration. By the way, Cubase is incredible. Thanks Germany. LOL

By the way, you can Control or Shift or Alt right click. They all work.

Last edited:
Back