Which MAC DAW should I go with?

Dariel!

Well the story goes like this I had Abelton for sometime and Logic but have since resotred my mac and don't have either program on their. I tried to reinstall Mac Pro X, the latest version but it was useless to me because a lot of the VST's I have don't work on there. With all of this said I should I just go back to abelton or should I try something new? What is the best MAC DAW on the market?

Last edited:
^^^Whichever one works best for you. But why would you dump entire programs for new ones at the drop of the dime? And I'm assuming by "Mac Pro X" you mean OS X Mavericks(the newest OS), check the websites for your vst/au developers, there should be updates available. :cheers:

GO TO THE DEVELOPER'S WEBSITE!!!!

They will have your plugs ins in 64bit!!!!

If not, before you invest in another DAW, INVEST IN UP TO DATE PLUG INS!!! UAD has amazing ones. I'm sure you can find a package for the same price as Pro Tools.

Matter of fact, get Pro Tools 11. It comes with a tons of plug ins and runs AAX. Everyone develops those, and you can save all your licenses to a single iLok!!!

How would the licenses for your DAWs magically disappear just because you restored your Mac? You can just re-download Logic from the App Store and Live by logging into Ableton's website...

Last edited:
How would the licenses for your DAWs magically disappear just because you restored your Mac? You can just re-download Logic from the App Store and Live by logging into Ableton's website...
Well lets just say I may have not had a license allegedly and was testing out the DAWSmaruseesu2.png

Just buy logic and be set for a couple of years whilst you learn it inside out. Logic plugs and instruments are good enough to use… in fact i'd wager that if you don't know whether or not they are or aren't then by default they are. It has a sampler, a drum synth/sequencer, a bunch of modeling synths, analogue emulation, FM, extensive midi routing and an almost complete set of plug ins. And that's just 9, there looks to be even more goodies in 10. You honestly don't 'need' anything else until you know enough to not need to ask this question :-)

Just buy logic and be set for a couple of years whilst you learn it inside out. Logic plugs and instruments are good enough to use… in fact i'd wager that if you don't know whether or not they are or aren't then by default they are. It has a sampler, a drum synth/sequencer, a bunch of modeling synths, analogue emulation, FM, extensive midi routing and an almost complete set of plug ins. And that's just 9, there looks to be even more goodies in 10. You honestly don't 'need' anything else until you know enough to not need to ask this question :-)
Thanks I hear you man. I'll take your advice and purchase a copy of Logic.

Last edited:
Back